Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Mr Flibble. Good Stuff.

Here's what I am looking at for tonight. A break of the consolidation. The break should go higher but might be capped at the 1.40 level for now. A break lower may have more reward in the short term.

Peter

One thing is for sure Pete it will happen within the next hour or so. Heres what I think may happen. I did this chart for myself 30 minutes ago. I won't be playing along on this. Tops we could get 100 pips but we are 300 pips up on this run already so we risk a potential 300 pips to the downside

Should add that we did break through to the downside a trend that has been in place since the 10th of September. I never imagined we'd be back up here again. Too much uncertainty leaves my money on the table with EUR/USD for now but I really want to be in a downward move that could go on for weeks and possibly months

Attachments

• Estimation.gif
    Estimation.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 108
Did someone shutdown the forex market?? 5pip range past 1/2 hour.
Turn those machines back on!

Peter

the suspense....
what lousy trading tonight

Peter

I'm gonna short this 10 points below the low 13936 just for giggles. And if I don't get stopped out with a 50 point SL then I'm holding onto that trade for as long as I can. Me thinks its the Indians trading they love the stochastics on a .00001 minute chart

I'll trade either direction as long as I am still awake! I hate leaving open orders overnight. I can't sleep when I do that.

Peter

I'll trade either direction as long as I am still awake! I hate leaving open orders overnight. I can't sleep when I do that.

Peter

Same here I have nightmares about what the price did then realise it was just a dream. Good trading at these hours. I watched a cable trade go against me 50 pips in a few minutes then watched it reverse like crazy. There can be some nice moves.

Can I ask you how you play breakout? I have had so many reverse on me I gave up for a while.

I like to wait for a candle to clsoe outside the range unless a stong move is happening then I jump right in. Stops usually 10-12 pips which would put price back into the range and indicate a possible false break...then just wait to see if price break to the opposite direction, which is a very high probability play. You will rarely see a false break in both directions.

Peter

ADDED: You can see several false breaks in the same direction, so I never reenter in the same direction. Ya win some, ya lose some, ya miss some...

we hit both ends of my consolidation range from the pic I posted but no break either way yet...what a teaser!

maybe very soon

Peter

no. need a little more follow through or at lest a candle 15m close outside the range
you're right, usually nice moves at these hours, but not tonight so far

Peter

stopped out.
Seems like everyone sitting on the sidelines. very little movement and very slow.

Peter

I am blind and do not believe this line will be broken,its tried to take out my stop enough times and fell in the night only to pull back.If id been awake I may have taken some off

Attachments

• snapshot-511.png
    snapshot-511.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 112