Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the thread. Yes please post entry and stop as soon as you take the trade
and generally we are all trading for real cash on this thread

I don't always post live trades as I think it adds to the psychological pressure (the need to be proved right), I know it says demo acct on the chart, but I use a third party chart as I don't want my broker to know what I'm looking at and also I'll know if they start messing with the data. Believe me, I play with cold hard cash.

With regards, to posting trades after the fact, what's the point? It's not as though kudos pays the bills....

Good to see you back again Julian, If I have the time I may post/engage from time to time..anyhow only the one this morning, fairly straightforward PA off a 5 min, closed for 26, no TP, stop 25;

Attachments

• fx graph 232.png
    fx graph 232.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 102
Waited for signal to short EUR/CHF, out for 25, no TP, stop 25. That's my short term TF trading over for today;

Attachments

• fxgraph233.png
    fxgraph233.png
    19 KB · Views: 97
I don't always post live trades as I think it adds to the psychological pressure (the need to be proved right), I know it says demo acct on the chart, but I use a third party chart as I don't want my broker to know what I'm looking at and also I'll know if they start messing with the data. Believe me, I play with cold hard cash.

With regards, to posting trades after the fact, what's the point? It's not as though kudos pays the bills....

Hi Jon1971, thanks for posting here. The title of the thread is live calls and set ups. If it is not a live call, it should be a set up. We are not interested in 'could haves & should haves'. Dont' worry about your charts.. we only look at entry, exits.. prices and time. ;)

My swing set up

I trade off H1 chart. It has

i) price channel
ii) MA lines
iii) vwap (mean) lines
iv) a few oscillators

At the moment, there is no entry- (just a continuation of long trade)

Attachments

• 20100127_gbpusd.gif
    20100127_gbpusd.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 127
Why 5880? Are you looking at where the consolidation from the Aug high broke down?

Yes, you can say that. It's weekly pivot of Aug 1st week. Other than that, it looks stretched from Sep 1st week pivot (1.5400). (400 pips).

I like the idea of longing USDCHF if it can make it down to the vicinity of 9815, I'm also looking at EURUSD but Trichet speaks at 14:00 BST

Yes, you can say that. It's weekly pivot of Aug 1st week. Other than that, it looks stretched from Sep 1st week pivot (1.5400). (400 pips).

Have you got a weekly & monthly pivot EA indie for MT4? Been after one of those...

Yes, I have. It's not too difficult to write one of your own. ;)

Dollarswiss has been very good.

Attachments

• 20100927_usdchf.gif
    20100927_usdchf.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 113
back from golf.aud trade still going

also short gbp/usd 15859 s/l 15879

top of 60 min t/l, will post charts later.bust at mo,

50% sold at 37, due to reaction at resistance level +18 pips, s/l moved to b/e on remainder, I'm now eyeing the 9804 level if my stop gets hit...

Was eyeing EU short at 3495, but decided not to due to Trichet's speech (oops, coulda shoulda woulda;))