Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EURUSD has been directionless for past few hours. Todays range ahs been about 100 pips, which is closer to the histrical norm, but certainly a smaller range than we've been used to since the whole Greece fiasco started. 100ma is flat on 5m chart.

Peter

wacky wats your strat
Hi Shikamaroo.
I posted this earlier in this thread somewhere! Gets lost fast.

wackypete2 said:
I have several setups I like. Everything is extremely simple, stops are small, reentry is common. A lot of my methods are similar to LordFlasheart's but I generally use lower timeframes. My preference is to trade breakouts and false breakouts of consolidation patterns. I also like to see 2 specific candle patterns at or near trendlines.
Thats all for now. I'll try to post a bit more info about each trade as they happen. Feel free to ask questions.

I'd like to add, I also love to see quick "pops" up or down, followed by reversal moves. The pops are usually either stop running or low liquidity with a large order passing through. Either way price will usually revert back to near where it was prior to the "pop".

Peter

here's a pic of what I did on my last trade.

Attachments

• eur009.JPG
    eur009.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 123
@ Flash- you could take a print screen. then open "paint" if you're using windows. paste your print screen in paint. edit out sensitive data with eraser tool. and finally save as a gif image.

i havent got windows thats the problem. The screenshot is in esignal which wont allow me to edit and I dont have windows,only open office. Anyway who really cares the chart was posted. I will try and post more charts before i take trades with indications where i might get in

i havent got windows thats the problem. The screenshot is in esignal which wont allow me to edit and I dont have windows,only open office. Anyway who really cares the chart was posted. I will try and post more charts before i take trades with indications where i might get in

Posting charts is tough. It takes away concentration from your trading. I would love to post more of them but I get all f**cked up when I try to do too much!

Peter

I agree m'lord - no one needs to see your (or anyone elses ) sb statements.
You posted a trade - it either worked or it didnt...thats enough imho.
Matt

eurusd broke out above a resistance line and is nearing the high of the day, so I'm looking for a false breakout. The high would be another resistance that may hold. I would like to see price move back below the breakout resistance line to get short, around 1.2250 area.

Peter

break of line and puillback,one of my favorites,easy to sell right on the line. % min chart so should be good for at least 20

Attachments

• snapshot-265.png
    snapshot-265.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 122
we are looking at same eurusd, different timeframe, different lines, but still come up with nearly the same trade plan. This stuff works and it's simple!

Peter

we are looking at same eurusd, different timeframe, different lines, but still come up with nearly the same trade plan. This stuff works and it's simple!

Peter

yep, the first thing we learn about as traders is trendlines, we then re invent the wheel.Luckily I found my original wheel in the shed:LOL:

I've been posting my pips the same way as you, and not double counting when I add up for the day. Naturally to get the true pips won or lost when doing 1/2 exits just add both parts and divide by 2. The number of pips won/lost is not relevant anyway sine we don't post the exact lots we traded. As long as we can consistently show live trades and continue to have nice winners what does it matter how many pips? Hopefully some people are getting some benefit from the live calls here, either learning or following. Anyone watching don't be afraid to ask questions!

Thats my 2 pips on the subject :LOL:
(was 4 pips, but I got stopped out for -2)

Peter

whats the matter guys. I got 70pips this morning and stated that they were 100% pips, no 1/2 exits. thats the simple fact. hope you don't get offended.

good trading to you all(y)

only I was slightly offended:) but theres nothing like a few good pips to cheer you up

out for + 25 pips on eur, call them 1/4,1/2 1/8 whatever,but flash has done it again

hooray lord flash where have you been?

"where havent I been"