Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
morning Peter,this is early fro you.

Ftse future chart attached.I gnereally use binaries(great volatility) for ftse.Volume spikes are a great indication of short term price direction. Anyone else use them.doesnt work in forex.Sorry I will stick to forex as its a forex thread,but will post occasional trades i think are good.When I have days and weeks like the last 3 I think this game is easy.Then I always end up with a poor run through ill discipline or impatience

Attachments

• snapshot-208.png
    snapshot-208.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 87
:clap: nice one. Your trade looks like mine did earlier,as soon as you post youre ready to get out or be stopped out.This is all over the place

This is exactly when its difficult, even stressful, to post and trade. Might miss the exit as you are posting. I am trying to keep this in mind today.

Peter

gbp/usd has broken and pulled back to line on 60 min,should really look for longs.just hard to do so

Attachments

• snapshot-209.png
    snapshot-209.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 112
just wonderful,takes my stop and pisses off fro 20 pips my way,thats trading

I've been trying mental stops lately. Before with tight stops the price would spike and knock me out of a good position.

So far managed to stay in nice positions thanks to it. Few times through a poor discipline experienced big losses (mental stops require excellent discipline).

GBPUSD limit long at 323

out 1/2 at 333

out 1/2 at 313

b/e

Last edited:
I've been trying mental stops lately. Before with tight stops the price would spike and knock me out of a good position.

So far managed to stay in nice positions thanks to it. Few times through a poor discipline experienced big losses (mental stops require excellent discipline).

mental stops cause me mental anguish. I just cannot keep disciplined that way. But great for you if you can. The flexibility has it benefits for sure.

Peter

Now that I take a better look at 5m eurusd chart, it looks like a triple bottom around the 1.2312 area. Shoulda went long. These are the things you miss when you get into a mindset of which way you want to trade, like I just did, and don't focus on what the price and charts are telling you.

Peter