Forex Day Trader's Thread

wow.. japanese market really tanked.. Europe and US will follow.. very bad news.. SHORT..

10 PIPS !!! I MISSED THIS!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:24:57 AM
WSJ comments on forex trading volumes
- The article notes that in 2008, global fx trading activity rose about 15% y/y, but it is expected to shrink in 2009.
- The expected 2009 decline may be driven by hedge funds, as they have been the biggest drivers of global currency trading in recent years.
- Over the course of 2008, hedge-fund trading volumes contracted about 28% on redemptions and losses.
- The article notes that at the end of Q4, the portion of trading volume by large corporations and other financials rose to record levels and this could mean a more-stable fx market, with large, speculative hedge funds sidelined.
- The article cites data from Greenwich Associates.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 3:30:29 AM
The Goldman Sachs Group Inc WSJ "Heard on the Street": In contrast with WFC, Goldman's results show more clarity in earnings, with FICC (fixed income, currencies, commodity) trading business generating 70% of net revenue

70% of revenue!! that doesnt bode well for the other banks who dont make as much as GS trading etc.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:03:59 AM
(JP) BoJ Gov Shirakawa: Economic conditions have worsened since Jan; BoJ is cautious about signs of global recovery
- Japan's economy is underperforming BoJ's' Jan forecast.

I'm going to bed.. I'll be back with more tips on how to lose HUGE amounts of money in a matter of hours tomorrow ;)

taking profit if we hit the previous lows, then will put in a sell stop just below if it breaks out..but i reckon we will get a bounce before that happens, and i aint giving back no profit!