Forex Day Trader's Thread

yeah the housing numbers killed stocks which killed your trade and is hurting my Cable trade.. oil numbers just came in way lower than expected but it hasn't caused USD weakness.. I don't understand what's happening today.

Hey Ridd, if you bought crude on the comex market.. Would you eventually have to take delivery of a bunch of oil if you held on to your trade for too long? Sorry, I've never done commodities before..

hej pip, i dont know.. i trade with contracts where i actually dont own anything.. i basically POKER on price movements

yes, I'm still long Cable.. there's really no news behind this drop and it's incredibly oversold on the hourlies.. I have my stop at 1.407 and will add an additional lot at 1.41

There will be buyers down there. I'll keep trading the range. It will probably come down a bit more, but could rebound so quickly there's no need to stop myself out.. I only have 1 lot on the trade so I don't particularly care what happens either way.. I'm way up today on USD/JPY

sorry, I feel like talkin' bout your skinny European mommas!!! I wouldn't **** your mommas because they so skinny we'd probably start a fire !!

Yes, I did rock a trade .. which one?? nunya business.. AND HELL YEAH MY FAT AMERICAN MOMMA TOLD ME TO MAKE IT!!! ...

Which trade???

Sorry too rich to tell ya!

Now go to McDonalds and make some more money for me!!!

BAM!!! LIMEYS!!!

Damn .. I don't even know what to do with my cash,.. I'm sure you pale *******s want some irn Bru ... Sorry... need to spend it on my fat ass American friends !!

Damn .. I don't even know what to do with my cash,.. I'm sure you pale *******s want some irn Bru ... Sorry... need to spend it on my fat ass American friends !!

Maybe you could spend it on an education, or perhaps some private tutoring on how not to come across as such a vulgar yankee-doodle?

One thing's for sure though, you can't buy class with your $, not that you could anyway trading your 1 and 2 lots.

Last edited:
The last two days surely have been profitable as we've been staring down the face of the world's most obvious Eur/USD long opportunity.. However, now things are cloudy as hell. Obviously risk appetite has returned for US investors, but I believe that they are short-term profit seekers.

I went long as well and stand a bit amazed that we reached 1.418. Technically we shouldn't be here and the Euro is horrifically overbought. At the same time we have a prominent German ex-finance minister telling the current finance minister to come clean about the state of the economy in 2009 which could be "the greatest financial crisis on the history of the German Republic" with as much as -6% GDP growth, yet the Euro is bought like hotcakes.

Of course then we've smashed through the long-term SMA and far exceeded bands resistance. So I should long Euros right?? Hell no..

I have ultimate faith in our fine, fine, brilliant leaders and will long USD as a result.. No, sorry I don't, but I do have faith in the nightmare known as the credit crunch. It is the gift which will continue to give far beyond mid-December 2008.

I'm actively shorting Euros with 2 lots at 1.413 with stops at 1.43 and will double-down with 4 or more lots if stopped out. I'm willing to bet the farm with 8 lots at 1.45..

This Euro strength is ridiculous and mathematically and tehcnically makes little sense.. The market will correct this..

Single news releases doesn't matter, the broader sentiment does, it establishes a
trend and no single day news can change it, was that GDP release really news?
or had it been closely predicted?

The dollar will strengthen further, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eurodollar=1
in the near future, there's good reasons for this

Always enjoy reading your thoughts Pippy. A big short squeeze due today or tomorrow in the Dow. Might help GBP and EUR tempoarily. GBP got cained not because of headline numbers but underlying consumer data suggesting further proplems. Dollar index chart suggests big fall due. EUR chart suggest rebound due to maybe 133. BUT not gonna happen.......market will rise Thurs/Fri and then chop up down for few weeks before m***er f***er of crashs to the ultimate 10 year bottom from which a new dawn will begin. Nobody trusts anything at the moment so Dollar will be bought. Expect 90 on dollar index to be smashed in next two weeks. I trying to buy currency pairs on weakness to position for this.
I'm sitting out for a while got caught overleveraging on my GBP/USD position and was burned real bad. Same happened to me on S&P touched my stop screamed up I then bought in and got crucified. Bad. Bad. For smart lad can be so foolish..Enjoy today

Barry,

I'm teasing my friends on this thread and they do the same to me and each other.. I'd love to be able to buy you a sense of humor but alas.. I can't .. not with 2 lots or 200 .. pretty pathetic you wasted your time to get in a lame zinger.. now scurry off to the uptight/humorless thread of your choosing..

welcome jgos2 and vergis

thanks Phil.. we alcoholics need to stick together :)

Not much action today in the forex world folks.. probably be plenty of thin liquidity shenanigans tomorrow..

I guess Ridd must have been kidnapped by Shell Oil again for shorting crude too much .. WE WILL NOT PAY HIS RANSOM NO MATTER WHAT SHELL!

thanks Phil.. we alcoholics need to stick together :)

Not much action today in the forex world folks.. probably be plenty of thin liquidity shenanigans tomorrow..

I guess Ridd must have been kidnapped by Shell Oil again for shorting crude too much .. WE WILL NOT PAY HIS RANSOM NO MATTER WHAT SHELL!

I LONGED CRUDE.. switched after 2 short failures earlier in the week

it's always hard to change your mindset and switch your position but it's great when it works out and you make up some of your losses .. congratulations on your winning trade and I'm glad Shell is not waterboarding you in their secret prison..