Forex Day Trader's Thread

The market will probably go down once again before 15.00gmt for 1.48/1.51 dnt option. I will buy @1.4797, [email protected], aud around 9060
"1.4800 definitely traded on EBS, but apparently was only printed twice. The alleged rule of these barrier options is that the level must trade 3 times in over USD 5mln and on this occasion it did not. Whatever the outcome, the market is now touting huge bids below the figure between 1.4795-97 and EUR/USD is back at 1.4830 anyway - leaving plenty of shorts in front of 1.4800."

And then the short squeeze :p

I'm going to put in an order at 1.48 and double down 1.476.. the support is actually at 1.475 dam, but I'm allowing for the spread and that spot most likely won't touch 1.475 on the nose. Stopping both lots out 1.474

BLURB from FXCM

EUR/USD: A lot of talk this morning about the successful barrier defense at 1.4800. However, we feel the level will be taken out.

Well I hit eur/usd twice today, unsuccessfully. I thought they'd bottomed out and I figured cable would have better move (I never trade it and stick to eur/usd) but went long cable and looks like I may have been incorrect.

perhaps I should have held Euro.. the day is still very young though. Like I was at Summer Camp :cry:

the master plan I setup last night in Euro worked perfectly.. I hate to brag, but at the same time I recognize it as a key learning tool for the thread readership and as such it is necessary sometimes.. such as now. My plan now is to cash out the $2000+ I made this week on EJ and EU in all $1 bills and roll around it.. I've always wanted to make it rain on hos too so I might take that route.

Why are you polluting this place with that awful music? And I say "music" with the loosest sense of the word.

Ok, if I close cable now, I break even for the day taking into account my bites on the eur/usd cherry earlier. I've got about an hour or so before the spread opens to 10 and if I can net a decent profit it means I wouldn't have been better off spending the day in bed - so i've got about 1hr for cable to rally 100 points and make me a happy person.

I makes it rain Mask..

I'm going to go ahead and scalp this sumbitch short at 1.4874

4hr SMA been working beautifully lately.

I can't remember if it's 8pm or 9pm (GMT) when my broker changes the spread to 10. My plan is to get out before that and that either gives me 54 mins or 1hr 54 mins which makes all the difference.

10 on Cable? Is your broker working out of the trunk (boot) of his car? I gets 4 on Cable all but the worst of times.. like maybe the last 5 minutes of trading or when thangs open up on Sunday.

You gots about 2.5 hours G..