Forex Day Trader's Thread

Actually it's been a great week for me. Took a really nice trade the other day that didn't really even need a stop as I never saw a loss on it. Just got to work a little on the discipline side and not try get my money back ASAP and waiting for better opportunities. Just need to give it a bit more time to have conclusive results and get used to cutting trades - it's not the money that bothers me, it's the accepting failure :p

I was bored yesterday and got goaded into trading by someone and I decided to do it on my smaller account. Ended up taking 2 cable trades and I took a eur/usd trade today but not on the main account as I was going to be out all day. Up to my old antics on this account as I don't care about blowing it -9% on account :LOL:

Yes, psychologically after you get stopped you worry about spot reversing for a big gain after touching your stop for 1 pip... :mad:

so you jump back in.. I did this with EJ on Tuesday and got lucky. Not proud about it though. I was way underwater on the 2nd trade for a long time and it would have touched my 2nd entry point much lower had it just stuck to the plan.

I'm not going to try to get much on this Euro trade I'm in.. it looks like **** .. Trend line support comes in at 1.4775ish I'll get in 1.4815 with a 55 pip stop.

I'm not such a fan of opening positions on friday - but i'll see what happens, if I see a good reversal setup I may well take it for a scalp and try liquidate before weekend.

Hey, Japanese convenience store sales are coming out at 7 GMT.. Here in America we only keep track of convenience store robberies :(

there should be plenty of action in the US session tomorrow.. get in your position in Europe and let the US do something with it before banking before the weekend.

The problem's being awake for Europe - it's gone 3am here and i've been averaging ~6 hrs/night for the last week and I think 9 is optimal for me.

I'm holding about 18 or so. I got in at 1.4877 this afternoon just before I left. I'll probably try run it up.

Even considering lumping some size on eur/usd now, only thing is I can't be bothered to think about it & i'm going to sleep very shortly.

Last edited:
I'm selling it at 1.4935 and again at 1.4995

selling EJ 133.75 .. very strong resistance with double 4hr SMA convergence right above there

any rally in risk overnight should reverse as traders t/p ahead of the weekend.

id be very careful shorting euro right here... just a hunch, and maybe some wishful thinking as im still long from 1.4870...trying to take it up near new highs at 1.5060

I almost got it filled nicely right there.. dropped 20 pips immediately. I'm removing the order at the end of Asia. The Asian equity weakness bodes poorly for risk though. Of course, that didn't stop bizarro world risk strength today did it?

actually I'll move it up to 1.4938 and use a 22 pip stop.. reshort at 1.499 and again at 1.5045 with a very big stop and very big t/p..