Forex Day Trader's Thread

Pippy, how long did it take until you became consistently profitable?

I think I can be consistently profitable, but then every once in a while I make a really dumb trade and refuse to cut my loss thinking it's going to turn around, and it doesn't. I've been trading since March of this year, so about 6 months.

It took me about two years before I figured I could make profits on a monthly basis.. I wish I would have waited another year before quitting work though. I would be in a much better position.

I'm still hanging onto one Euro lot. Closed one at 1.474. Riding them from 1.477.

BUT, even with this very nice gain, I'm still down for the day because of a really stupid trade on a stock this morning.... exactly what I'm talking about with CONSISTENCY!

eekk.. should have let the stop ride .. I think .. I might have been stopped out though.

Aussie will have no choice but to bounce soon.. this is the longest daily candle I've ever seen ;)

yeah.. I looked at the chart and I wouldn't have been stopped out on my sell stop.. screwed myself out of only 10 pips so it's ok.

banking 4 pips on Aussie.. I was -26 at one point.. did not get the bounce I wanted so I'm happy to ditch in profit.. will definitely buy lower because it is due for a decent o/s bounce

A breakout signal was just generated via my backup broker FXCM targeting 1.4483 in Euro .. This strategy has a historic success rate of 64%

If you're holding on to this trade you should ditch on the next rally and reverse to short to make up your losses.. this could keep going.. bad being added to bad all day..