Forex Day Trader's Thread

I really hope the jobs number tomorrow morning is way better than expectations. I don't think it will but if it does, it'll be funny to watch all the clowns rush to get long. I'm placing a small bet on it just because the potential reward is so big with out of the money calls right now.

thank you STANG.. finally someone who understands that risking 30 pips for 200 pips makes sense even if the trade looks unlikely.. I don't care about 30 pips .. it's the cost of doing business.

and now 1.452 has held 5 times

:LOL: ... but with it standing like this, there may be some bounce tonight though

yes, when the S&P sheds an additional 1% after the first try it's an indicator that there are MASSIVE bids holding the line..

I expected to get stopped out 5 hours ago.. I'm still expecting to get stopped out, but even if there's a 1 in 3 chance that the move reverses I have to take that chance..

massive bids also equal massive stops.. there could be a near instantaneous pop downward if it can get down to maybe 1.451 .. but I already got burned playing with stops twice in the last 7 days so I'll just take my medicine and lose 30 pips

Last edited:
I've heard a big player who knows what they're doing is long eur/usd. Make of that what you will.

I really hope the jobs number tomorrow morning is way better than expectations. I don't think it will but if it does, it'll be funny to watch all the clowns rush to get long. I'm placing a small bet on it just because the potential reward is so big with out of the money calls right now.

The ADP figures were bad for yesterday and intial claims have spiked;

US private sector sheds 254,000 jobs in Sept: ADP

The US private sector shed 254,000 jobs in September, payrolls firm ADP said Wednesday in a survey showing some improvement in the brutal pace of layoffs.

The figure was the smallest number of job losses in more than a year for nonfarm private employment but higher than the 200,000 expected by most analysts.

The ADP survey, which provides a clue toward official unemployment reports, revised the job losses in August by 21,000, from a decline of 298,000 to a decline of 277,000 and the July figure by 11,000 from a decline of 371,000 to a decline of 360,000.

September's employment decline was the smallest since July of 2008 and employment losses have diminished significantly over the last two quarters, ADB said in a statement.

"Nevertheless, employment, which usually trails overall economic activity, is likely to decline for at least several more months, with losses continuing to diminish," it said.

AFP: US private sector sheds 254,000 jobs in Sept: ADP

U.S. unemployment claims spike

The number of people applying for initial jobless claims in the United States rose by 17,000 last week, to 551,000, U.S. data revealed Thursday.

The spike was the first increase in four weeks, the U.S. Department of Labour said. The Wall Street consensus expectation was for initial claims to come in at 531,000.

That would have been a slight increase on the 530,000 initial claims the Labour Department reported for the week ended Sept. 19. But on Thursday, the department upwardly revised its data for the previous week, saying initial claims actually came in at 534,000 during the period.

The number of new applicants for state unemployment benefits may have risen, but the total number of people receiving those benefits fell by 70,000 people to 6.09 million. That was better than the 6.1 million economists had been expecting.

It's not clear to what extent the decrease in jobless claims was due to the unemployed finding new jobs, and how can be attributed to still-jobless Americans simply running out of benefits.

Most states offer 26 weeks of benefits, but earlier this year, Congress approved federally funded extensions of up to 53 weeks in some cases.

CBC News - Money - U.S. unemployment claims spike

Just dont forget the NFP tomorrow.. Either way the price is going spike up, lets say, 50-60 pips in BOTH directions..

It seems the first spike is the wrong direction.. I`ll buy or sell at the first push..

How did everyone do in September??

Me.. not great but sufficient! Week 3 headless chicken action hurt badly, but not too bad..

Just heard of an option barrier at 1.45 .. that might screw up sell stops below 1.452