Forex Day Trader's Thread

yep.. that's exactly what it is .. AND THE DUTCH ARE RESPONSIBLE

Heineken ;)

need to go lie down

Pip... you like heineken?

okay.. euro/usd to move towards 1.30

could see little bounce from here..

thanks

There should be a rally on the USD this week against GBP and euro. Friday saw a rally on the dollar, flight to safety, which I can see happening again this week. Over the weekend, there been reports of gdp contracting by 1.5% in Q4. Sterling/Dollar at 1.5230 is proving to be a key resistance level. Tomorrow morning, trichet speaking, probably imply rate cuts, and rate decision this week as well so gud chance euro will tank. what you guys reckon

Euro down .. GBP still has upside bias vs. the Dollar ..

Every time Trichet opens his mouth he kills the Euro.. Even when he's supposed to be helping the Euro with his speeches he kills it.. I'd short a few minutes before his conference.

EUR/GBP should get hammered as Britons repatriate funds and give Cable a boost.. Soon I predict GB will be asking Trichet if they want to join the Pound .. Fixing to work on tech analysis .. Will be back in an hour or so..

Ridd,

Unfortunately, I like too many Heineken's at the same time..

Looks like long USD vs. everything except JPY next week.. Cable might survive and stay in the 1.50s.. Trichet has already made comment to the effect that interest rates will be lowered in the EZ so shorting Euros is a pretty safe bet.. Canadian dollars were fashionable last week but they're quite simply vastly overvalued vs. the USD and could come down hard.. Australian dollars are showing signs of wanting to tank as well..

JPY will be king next week..
followed by USD
then GBP
then EUR
then commodity currencies
third-world currencies have no hope in 2009.. do not invest in them..

Euro down .. GBP still has upside bias vs. the Dollar ..

Every time Trichet opens his mouth he kills the Euro.. Even when he's supposed to be helping the Euro with his speeches he kills it.. I'd short a few minutes before his conference.

EUR/GBP should get hammered as Britons repatriate funds and give Cable a boost.. Soon I predict GB will be asking Trichet if they want to join the Pound .. Fixing to work on tech analysis .. Will be back in an hour or so..

Ridd,

Unfortunately, I like too many Heineken's at the same time..

Yeah ;) Heineken is easy to drink :LOL:

Triple,

I didn't hear that report .. Are you talking Q4 2009 or 2008??

Cable has support at 1.513 a close below there tomorrow negates upside bias ..

Looks like long USD vs. everything except JPY next week.. Cable might survive and stay in the 1.50s.. Trichet has already made comment to the effect that interest rates will be lowered in the EZ so shorting Euros is a pretty safe bet.. Canadian dollars were fashionable last week but they're quite simply vastly overvalued vs. the USD and could come down hard.. Australian dollars are showing signs of wanting to tank as well..

JPY will be king next week..
followed by USD
then GBP
then EUR
then commodity currencies
third-world currencies have no hope in 2009.. do not invest in them..

Yeah eur/usd toward 1.30

MACD has been perfect in predicting big moves in EUR/USD on the daily charts.. something to keep in mind next time the lines cross.. It predicted the move from 1.40 to 1.34 last week..

Which me and Ridder saw [Pippy high fives Ridder]

well.. I've been looking and looking and don't see very much on the charts... MACD and Stochastics are still pointing at death for the Euro..

USD/CAD stochastics shows that the red line has bottomed out indicating dangerously oversold levels.. All we need to see is that red line cross the blue one upwards and we'll be moving 1.30 again.. I think it could come down a little more but it's days are numbered.. Might see a big jump this week in USD/CAD

I think it's EUR/GBP related because Cable is tanking while Euro is rising.. Cable is about to break support ..