Forex Day Trader's Thread

Maybe it does cause the long waiting time for about 2 hours there in a very tight range

UAW agrees to slash retiree benefits immediately; Treasury insisted on immediate cuts...

Does it mean retiree no longer get full benefit?

I'm not shorting it. Long would look good if it pass the last 2 days high @ 1596 or so

A newbie question. When you say your broker recommends something, do they tell you individually (i.e. you have a personal relationship with them), or do they send out a mass email or something? Did you have to sign up for some kind of subscription? Just asking because my broker doesn't really advise me at all.

The staff at DailyFX plus tells everyone who is a subscriber what they are doing.. I don't follow their recommendations because they have a habit of using buy stops at the highs and then using a huge stop loss.. it's dumb.. BUT I couldn't live without their tech analysis and tech levels..

Sign up for a live account with FXCM (you don't need to fund the account, jsut sign up) and you'll get access to Daily FX Plus..

1.6400(M) Failure Highs Nov 3 Flat On A Failure FLAT at 1.5895

open 22/05/09
time 11:07
target
stop

1.6200(M) Rejection Highs Nov 5 Flat On A Failure
1.6030(M) Bollinger Band Top Buy A Clear Break
1.5968(M) Rejection High May 26 Sell A Failure

1.5910(M) Intraday Triangle Low Sell A Break Below
1.5750(M) Daily Low May 22 Buy A Bounce
1.5570(M) 10-Day MA Buy Bounce, Sell Break
1.5520(M) 200-day MA Cover On A Bounce

Strategy:[email protected] The market got through 1.5950 briefly, but has since struggled to make a move back above there. If this continues we will worry about an eventual reversal down to test support. In particular, the rectracement low at 1.5910 presents a short-term break point. If that gives way we"d short for a play back below 1.5800, potentially. (JF) 17:09 GMT
end

But stang, like pipp said, don't blindly follow their recommendations. Use them as some alerts to turn your attention to that particular pair and make your own judgment

I posted this earlier in another thread...

Here is my take:

cable is retracing back to circa 1.56, then will continue its up trend to around 1.66. Time frame is around 1-2 weeks...

Disclaimer: this is only my view, I maybe wrong! :innocent:

The really good information comes from my primary broker Forex.com.. they have guys on the floor so they know why things are happening and can tell you within a few minutes..

Thanks a lot for the info. If it wasn't for these forums and you experienced traders my learning curve would take much, much longer.

the best advice I could give you would be to never, ever use more than $10,000 in leverage while you're learning.. things are going to go wrong, and the only way to figure out a strategy to deal with these things is to lose your money.. lose $200, not $2,000..