Forex Day Trader's Thread

Your PS is very comforting. :)

Split

Contrary to my name i don't actually trade Forex, just though it was a catchy name!

The bit about interest rate was text book stuff so should be correct, if rates cut currency drops, the bit about how it'll move with different % cuts was the guess work!

Just moved a few ££ over to my Spanish account now, happy to take the highest rate for a few weeks than wait and maybe see the BOE send it back to parity!

Good luck everyone with the BoE decision at 12 GMT ..

I have entry orders $200,000 long GBP/USD at 1.5328 and $200,000 short at 1.486 .. way out of range of bull traps and bear traps .. I'll try to grab 300 pips out of it whichever direction it goes ..

I have an entry order short EUR/USD $40,000 at 1.3840

I have an entry order long USD/CAD $30,000 1.1635

I have an entry order long USD/CHF $50,000 1.085

I have an entry order long AUD/USD $20,000 .6805

stops at -40 pips on each

Wake up Pippy500..

You GBP/USD has just opened, good luck

trailing stop hit -5 pips on my GBP/USD but I had so much leverage on it I still lost $100.. nothing else was triggered.. I've cancelled my USD/CHF trade as well..

trailing stop hit -5 pips on my GBP/USD but I had so much leverage on it I still lost $100.. nothing else was triggered.. I've cancelled my USD/CHF trade as well..

pippy how did you put that in/

i almost lost over 1000 today on my gbp/usd

You choose trailing stop -40 .. You "almost" lost ?? You should have been able to take 35 pips profit from 1.5328 .. I didn't have the luxury of being awake or I wouldn't have used a trailing stop and would have made some money.. Had I not used a trailing stop I would have lost $800 .. So seeing -$100 in my realized P&L isn't that bad ..

all in all I expected a move to 1.55 from 1.53 ..

I just snapped up long USD/CAD 1.182 .. 2 lots .. want to be even when the day ends..

You choose trailing stop -40 .. You "almost" lost ?? You should have been able to take 35 pips profit from 1.5328 .. I didn't have the luxury of being awake or I wouldn't have used a trailing stop and would have made some money.. Had I not used a trailing stop I would have lost $800 .. So seeing -$100 in my realized P&L isn't that bad ..

all in all I expected a move to 1.55 from 1.53 ..

well i just lost about 1000 pounds on that **** expecting it to go all the way to 1.55.

i opened at 1.53, closed at 1.5370 to take some profits and when it fell to 1.535 i went long again, but it fell all the way down. got a big beating today, lost out abit on eur/gbp is well.

well chill.. don't try to get it back today by jumping into bad trades ..

the 5 times I've blown out my account have always come on days when I lost a little bit and then tried to get back to even by overleveraging myself.. so rather than lose 400 I'd lose 1000 and have t orefund the account..

i am up 14 pip on usd cad now..

have no losses on currency today, as its my only 1

or.. usd cad have to turn lower again

well chill.. don't try to get it back today by jumping into bad trades ..

the 5 times I've blown out my account have always come on days when I lost a little bit and then tried to get back to even by overleveraging myself.. so rather than lose 400 I'd lose 1000 and have t orefund the account..

yeah or accept you are wrong, and go short in stead of long

I sold my USD/CAD 1.189 an am now positive for the day ;)

now I just need one more decent trade .. have an entry order pickup USD/CAD long again at 1.1815

I'd also like to buy a deep dip on GBP/USD ..

i am off this place, i am gonna take my car.. and drive home..

i will be back to this forum again, in about 2 hours

pippy500 GUARD the usd / cad