Factfinding Poll: Do you think T2W is in decline?

Is it in decline or what?

• yes

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • no

Votes: 8 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are few quality threads and certainly very little sensible/quality discussion of actual trading or trading opps. The original now closed Potential Set-ups thread was the closest it came to a meaningful discussion of disparate markets. Also some posters' signal/noise ratio is very low, ie they make endless posts without actually adding anything, whilst the proportion of posters making worthwhile contributions has probably diminished.

I think that the above post just about sums it up
all the good traders have gone, if I knew where , I would join them

It took a tumble after the 25000th member.

Maybe Trade 2 Whine could use some sort of bot that would block any questions and threads that have been rehashed here a million times.

It took a tumble after the 25000th member.

Maybe Trade 2 Whine could use some sort of bot that would block any questions and threads that have been rehashed here a million times.

Thats not really fair on newbies that want to interact with more experienced members though is it. Maybe a new rep system that allows access to different sections of the website either by recommendation or by proving nouse.

better idea is to just stop complaining... I mean, what do you want from a trading forum? It's a very good forum in the classical sense of being a meeting place...

A bot that would redirect them to a previous thread that would give them all they need.

People don't want to read or make an effort these days.

need more arguments. and less people asking how can i make a million in an afternoon-i have £2k to spend. who's system makes most money?

need more arguments. and less people asking how can i make a million in an afternoon-i have £2k to spend. who's system makes most money?

maybe getting a massive flashing william hill banner and/or a free first time entry into pkr/poker tilt would sort that out

Do you see the irony, you are complaining about the decline in quality whilst contributing to that very decline with this thread:confused:

I haven't complained once. I am merely providing a place for people (who keep complaining) to say what they think is wrong with the site.

Edit: Moaning Smackhead

I haven't complained once. I am merely providing a place for people (who keep complaining) to say what they think is wrong with the site.

Edit: Moaning Smackhead

ok my bad your not complaining but self fullfilling prophecy comes to mind, the more we trash T2W the more trash we will get here.

At the end of the day I tend to agree with Arabian here, this place is first and foremost a meeting place for like minded people....gamblers er erm i mean those interested in get rich quick schemes... opps did it again... traders thats what I meant traders damn it.

If its an education your after buy a book/course.

there are a few scattered gems on here and the sticks help but why would anyone want to go through the same setups again and again for the benefit of those that can not do a search or click on the links in some peoples sigs.

"No".

(quite by chance I was thinking about starting a thread about what exactly T2W is about!)

Depends what you mean by "decline". Because you first have to define what exactly it is declining from. The problem with T2W is that it seems its really mostly about the abstraction of trading, with just a few decent long-serving threads.

If anyone posts they have a great system, we demand they give live calls.
If anyone gives live calls, they are accused of wanting to sell something.

ForexFactory is almost exclusively systems vying for attention. And the usual darwinian result is the better ones survive. Similarly Traders Laboratory. But at least they offer something for practical discussion.

T2W is almost unique in that systems are rubbished (as a default) as being a commercial exercise rather than whether the idea works or not. Thus, we spend our time in the twilight world of jabbering about aspects "about" trading, rather than constructive trading systems. With the exception, of course, of just a handful of threads.

It would at least be good if every 2nd new thread wasnt some c*ck saying
their Forex system has gone from 2k to 500k in an month and they
can show you how to do it.

Do the mods usually get rid of these threads as in the last 3 months there
seems to be 3 or 4 new threads started every day at least. (n)

Last edited: