Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I agree with both black bear and jayjay - I was just wearing my fastmoney hat .... still sits uncomfortably....

My sensible head said the next big move is down ......not really that speculative ....
But if the lunatics take over the assylum then I could be waiting a good while for the short opp.
Smart boys were short after the bell as S&p futs are down 10pts (~100dow pts)

Regardless of merrills etc..dow has not really flinched [so far] - down less than 20...

Pays your money....... ....... and yeh we got another pre-mkt dip probably got oscar prints all over it...

On the Dark side ......last thursday we had problems with 1370 sp futs and today looks similar

4 clarity

Oscar is pretty much like stocktiger ...but louder and more cramerican :LOL:

Oscar's calling the market up not surprising given ibm... he too wants to get underneath* the market as you know........ maybe his low 1360's S&p futs dip has been seen since we tagged 1363 this morning and now 1369.

If me and oscar are saying buy the dip pre-mkt then it should be right :LOL:

Today should then put you back on the winning path............. :)

* underneath in my language means buying market at discount ... or buying a dip

I said I wanted to buy the premarket dip to capitalise on a pop at the open... thereafter I have no idea....

Oscar is saying up day and buy in the low 1360's on sp futs to sell in the mid to hi 1380's or higher... or at close. He has said nothing about pre-market dips.

My stance is just because I expect ibm to have some effect early on..... and getting in premarket enables me to play the potential move and ride the rest if it's available.

Looks like I will get my opening pop ...but not sure it wants to push onwards and upwards.............. then again things can change as in right now...

Edit: Sp futs have softened to low 1360's but dow refuses to buckle despite the repeated requests fromt he europeans....... do they bounce or does dow go down after sorting out ibm/merrill lynch ???

Last edited:
No Flap I have Oscar.........

Ok flap over US jobs have come in @ expected figure :)

errrrrrrrrrr !

If oscar can get the sp futs from his low 1360's (here) to 1377 or mid 1380's ... I'll be rather pleased...... odds are not good but the risk is small now :LOL:

If oscar can get the sp futs from his low 1360's (here) to 1377 or mid 1380's ... I'll be rather pleased...... odds are not good but the risk is small now :LOL:

not so sure Hook, ftse down into the news, and phili out at, what is it 3pm :?: might get a suprise, mp will tell you how it works if you can understand all that Yank slang :)

would not put the ranch on it :LOL:

its choppy out there, no place for small rowing boats imho :)

good luck with it

as you ignore all news FW and just follow the market price, am I correct in assuming that you are assuming this is a spike out?

indeed :)

I don't actually 'ignore' all the news, I keep my eye out for reports that can cause serious volatility, such as the FOMC and the NFP. I don't trade around these...

Post 1130 & out.....best call ever by a mile

right, we just had the Philadelphia Fed Manufacturing Index :rolleyes:

Hi FW

That was post and trade of the decade Fw, no dig intended at all, nearly bust my rib I laughed that much, must have been the lag but this end it was instant down bar :LOL:

Good luck with with the new Long FW, that was the best live call I have ever seen

If anybody ever tells you your calls are fake ever again FW just send em to this spot

All the Best and good luck with your trading :clover: FW

Last edited:
Hi FW

That was post and trade of the decade Fw, no dig intended at all, nearly bust my rib I laughed that much, must have been the lag but this end it was instant down bar :LOL:

Good luck with with the new Long FW, that was the best live call I have ever seen

If anybody ever tells you your calls are fake ever again FW just send em to this spot

All the Best and good luck with your trading :clover: FW

thanks, I'll remember to frame this post ;)

they sure are as live as can be... if and when I get stopped out everybody will witness it too :eek:!

actually, I have 12562 as the low of the day...
perhaps you are looking at the cash market? my prices are always futures (dow june 08)

Yea I got that as well. But to catch it so close to the low is already really good in my opinion. Cos I always miss them.

(Not that I am saying I am anywhere as good as you....LOL)

Last edited:
Sortov worked...

not so sure Hook, ftse down into the news, and phili out at, what is it 3pm :?: might get a suprise, mp will tell you how it works if you can understand all that Yank slang :)

would not put the ranch on it :LOL:

its choppy out there, no place for small rowing boats imho :)

good luck with it

Oscar said low 1360's and we hit 1359 before the whoosh...... I shall give him that one
regardless of whether we see 1377 or higher ..... :p

ACTUALLY i'M NOT A CONVERTED OSCAR FAN I JUST FIND IT INTERESTING AND AN ADDITION TO MY OWN THINKING NOT A CRUTCH....... IF YOU PARDON THE EXPRESSION. :LOL: on the brain sorry ......
It doesn't matter anymore cos stops are in and emotions............. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.