Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least probable outcome is for the Low of a large range bar to be taken out within the next two bars

News will need to be bad for that to happen, if it does its a big short signal

so what you saying now fw, where would your money be for the rest of this week, say?

heard he is pretty tight so it will probably be in his pocket, bit spare for new slippers because he can go through them in no time when he"s trading hard :)

Last edited:
You're mad! Although so am I, because I went short at 578, when I should have waited for 590-600, as posted earlier.

On second thoughts, I should have just stayed in bed today. Men in white coats carrying large butterfly nets will be with me shortly.

Sorry was only joking all

Hell the things flying :eek::eek:

at this rate she will be at the line by dawn

If this carries on can see them buying it all am before the news to allow for a bit of downside latter and be sat ontop of R going into next week

More Charts

Month Week Day

Attachments

• Wall Street Daily Cashmonth (16-APR-08).png
    Wall Street Daily Cashmonth (16-APR-08).png
    7.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Wall Street Daily Cash week(16-APR-08).png
    Wall Street Daily Cash week(16-APR-08).png
    8.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Wall Street Daily Cash (16-APR-08).png
    Wall Street Daily Cash (16-APR-08).png
    10.9 KB · Views: 126
heard he is pretty tight so it will probably be in his pocket, bit spare for new slippers because he can go through them in no time when he"s trading hard :)

:LOL:

so what you saying now fw, where would your money be for the rest of this week, say?

probably more in my pocket than in the market ;)

let's say I'll be threading carefully... remember this is a 'one-way-day' and will have caught many people offside

Bit late in the day but...........

:LOL:

probably more in my pocket than in the market ;)

let's say I'll be threading carefully... remember this is a 'one-way-day' and will have caught many people offside

Good points FW

bit late in the day for smart ass"s

Ftse is a pretty reliable forward indicator imho, concede I do not trade dow much, but on a one way traffic day the ftse will not usually give up points on the Dow open :eek: = 10-15 max in my experience.

Its pretty usual for Ftse to back off if the Dows had a good pre-market session while the Dow tracts back to her previous days close or there abouts (local R or S)

Always found the Ftse hard to play on these kind of days because most of the time its reversal time on Ftse and tend to be offside as Fw points out

Over to FW for the Dow experts opinion :cheesy:

Last edited:
The trade I can see ......... ignoring short it cos it's high ... is to get under the dow pre-market for the ibm pop....... we are currently flat so no ibm premium appears to be in the price (at least ibm @ $125 does not seem factored in). Just a thought.......

Wonder what Oscar would do ...... ? :LOL: He was telling disciples to short at these levels last week...

The trade I can see ......... ignoring short it cos it's high ... is to get under the dow pre-market for the ibm pop....... we are currently flat so no ibm premium appears to be in the price (at least ibm @ $125 does not seem factored in). Just a thought.......

Wonder what Oscar would do ...... ? :LOL: He was telling disciples to short at these levels last week...

what do you make of oscar, is he genuwin?, seems to make some good calls?

im holding out for the news first before i decide what im doing today, if we get good results and employment then im not trading today.........im up $550 for the week but yesterday i lost $430...........have not had a losing day for ages, was impressed with myself though for not moving my stop and being disiplined.

Still need to see a break higher of 765 before I get bullish but not feeling so bearish anymore...

A huge deal of resistance between 765 and 800 odd.

It's really going to take something to go through here.

He's the man of the moment......

what do you make of oscar, is he genuwin?, seems to make some good calls?

im holding out for the news first before i decide what im doing today, if we get good results and employment then im not trading today.........im up $550 for the week but yesterday i lost $430...........have not had a losing day for ages, was impressed with myself though for not moving my stop and being disiplined.

Oscar is pretty much like stocktiger ...but louder and more cramerican :LOL:

Oscar's calling the market up not surprising given ibm... he too wants to get underneath* the market as you know........ maybe his low 1360's S&p futs dip has been seen since we tagged 1363 this morning and now 1369.

If me and oscar are saying buy the dip pre-mkt then it should be right :LOL:

Today should then put you back on the winning path............. :)

* underneath in my language means buying market at discount ... or buying a dip

merrill lynch reported not so good, we need further good news for this to rise further i feel, any more bad and we could be falling today especially after such a rise in the markets yesterday.....like i said im only a shorter so i will not be going long, id rather wait and sit it out

if you are going long pre market, then right now there is a slight dip on the ym

costs nothing to sit

QUOTE=jayjay121;420997]merrill lynch reported not so good, we need further good news for this to rise further i feel, any more bad and we could be falling today especially after such a rise in the markets yesterday.....like i said im only a shorter so i will not be going long, id rather wait and sit it out

if you are going long pre market, then right now there is a slight dip on the ym[/QUOTE]

Hi Jay

Sit and let the smoke clear, I am with you Jay accept for usual scalps

Its a good show:)

Status
Not open for further replies.