Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dow only down 55 or so ......... so just noise at the moment....

Interesting to see if we hold Thurs lows ..... if so .....

We all know the market has been rangebound for days and a sharp break one way is imminent. Now the fundamental catalyst is here. Bad earnings highlight the weak economy. This is crunch time for the Dow in my opinion. Last chance saloon for the bulls. If they can't hold the 500 (ish) level then thats it.

Will be interesting to see if FW`S bull trend line will hold today, its bang on it now, surely the Dow cant hold on for much longer?

We all know the market has been rangebound for days and a sharp break one way is imminent. Now the fundamental catalyst is here. Bad earnings highlight the weak economy. This is crunch time for the Dow in my opinion. Last chance saloon for the bulls. If they can't hold the 500 (ish) level then thats it.

As you said, the movement has been pretty smal in the last 6 days. Lets hope it goes down, down, down. Been waiting for something to happen for days.

As you said, the movement has been pretty smal in the last 6 days. Lets hope it goes down, down, down. Been waiting for something to happen for days.

:clap: hi gilligullu

down down down, at least till my contracts b/e lol
steve :innocent:

Another factor is that all the US banks report next week, so will people want to get out today in anticipation of dire news?

S&p futs hits the earlier lows of the week (wed/thurs)......... still normal countertrend pullback so far ... live sesh may change things but for now ......

i have no doubt techical analysis works but i find it amazing how earnings and news can really affect the market, i have never really bothered with news or fundamentals but watching cnbc and following the reports lately and seeing the affect it has on the market maybe i should get into it more.

jason

i have no doubt techical analysis works but i find it amazing how earnings and news can really affect the market, i have never really bothered with news or fundamentals but watching cnbc and following the reports lately and seeing the affect it has on the market maybe i should get into it more.
jason

Fundamentals are good to learn in any environment.

News is crazy that way. Take GE earnings today as an example. Take out their Financial Services Losses and it was a great QUARTER. CNBC s calling it the "Tale of Two companies" GE Capital vs GE.

I'm (buying the dips) long on HON, TYC, UTX even more now based on all of the Good infrastructure buildout news coming from GE but today definately will see a down day. Big BEar Bull Slugouts going on and they are jumping on ANY news to PUSH back and Forth. These are the times I am glad I have a LTerm section in my Portfolio.

there is news and earnings pretty much everyday, is there anyway to stay ahead of it?.......any software, something i can subscribe to perhaps or do i really have to learn fundamental analysis for myself?

For example how could have i predicted the ge results and the import prices?

jason

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.