Status
Not open for further replies.
offset... the pattern is similar, but there's a 40 point offset

however, the consolidation I anticipated took place, be it at a lower level

Attachments

• ym_offset.GIF
    ym_offset.GIF
    16 KB · Views: 118
I didn't see that 100 point down move coming.....

Please explain re the 12555?

If you followed my posts of yesterday you will have noticed 12555 a couple of times. If a level seems important to me, it usually remains "important" for sometime.

Now, yesterday the market opened at 12389 and today the high was 12692. The second high was 12690 and after that we went lower. On an intraday timeframe one could consider this to be a double top. Next the difference between those two levels is 303 points, the average price level is 12540. Price likes going back to the midpoint of extremes...

I also pay attention to the average true range of the last 10 bars on a 5-minute timeframe, that is around 15 lately. When price bounces off or from a certain level, the reaction is usually about the average range. This gives us 12540 +/- 15 = 12555 or 12525.

All of this number crunching is just an excuse :LOL:

Seriously, just look at the chart and look where price found support yesterday. Price reacted strongly on the upper line. I wonder if Mr. Marcus would've said everything is known in advance.

Attachments

• ym_s.GIF
    ym_s.GIF
    19.6 KB · Views: 167
If you followed my posts of yesterday you will have noticed 12555 a couple of times. If a level seems important to me, it usually remains "important" for sometime.

Now, yesterday the market opened at 12389 and today the high was 12692. The second high was 12690 and after that we went lower. On an intraday timeframe one could consider this to be a double top. Next the difference between those two levels is 303 points, the average price level is 12540. Price likes going back to the midpoint of extremes...

I also pay attention to the average true range of the last 10 bars on a 5-minute timeframe, that is around 15 lately. When price bounces off or from a certain level, the reaction is usually about the average range. This gives us 12540 +/- 15 = 12555 or 12525.

All of this number crunching is just an excuse :LOL:

Seriously, just look at the chart and look where price found support yesterday. Price reacted strongly on the upper line. I wonder if Mr. Marcus would've said everything is known in advance.

FW: could i just ask for my information: the useful chart in your post: it is a five minute chart over which time frame (presumably this matters?): three month, yearly?? Thanks FW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.