Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
15.30? That's market close, right?

This could get bumpy, but I like a ride. I might not go long or short at the open right away, but I'm on watch ready to jump.

erm 15.30 GMT crude inventories... 10.30 ET for you yankees!

whoops

Last edited:
big battle bulls trying to hold 11300, a hourly close below and we could be heading to 11225. I think we will bounce today it just depends how low we go before the bounce.
i was going to buy at 11300 but as i am not sure if it will break i am sitting it out as it's better to be out wishing you were in than being in and wishing you were out.

stalemate! oil wont move so everyones sat around waiting. :sleep:

Francis-stalemate? :LOL:

Nah, you could have shorted the opening (I missed it just barely) or you could have gone long after the dust settled and the MA's signaled the UP move...!

Then there were the double tops! A perfect shorting opportunity, which I caapitalized on. I didn't make very good trades today, but I managed to keep calm and rake in my usual 1% gain on total account. It would have been 2-4% had I followed my own system. (n)

Today, the news was nasty at the open. Then when crude reported surplus, the decline in oil got us traders in happy long mode. Today was not really a clear trend...it just chopped around, but there was still some good trades and scalps as well.

good trading guys :clap:

More than $1.4 trillion of equities worldwide were on loan as of July, about a third higher than at the start of 2007. This must be good new for the bulls.

Looks like we will get a big slide today, might bounce up to the close in which case it would make a great entry for a short around the 400 mark with a stop at 450.

short 11320 sl 11370 would have preffered to get in a little higher but i dont think it will make it back up.

well thats very helpfull, i post my trades not because i think i will always get it right but in order to get feedback from others and a different point of view, your feedback doesnt really help anyone, niether did 'haha' yesterday.(n)

short 11320 sl 11370 would have preffered to get in a little higher but i dont think it will make it back up.

Elefteros,

your post before this one was the right idea short at 11400 stop 11450 shorting at 11320 with major support at 11300/11290 did not really give you enought profit to make the trade wothwhile.
Anyway unless we break 11300 I would be buying falls for the next day or two. if I was shorting I would want my stop around 11500 so would want to short as close to this as I could. sometimes it's best to do nothing.

well thats very helpfull, i post my trades not because i think i will always get it right but in order to get feedback from others and a different point of view, your feedback doesnt really help anyone, niether did 'haha' yesterday.(n)

sorry mate didnt mean anything by it. was looking at the charts just when you posted...

If we can break out of 11380s I think we will be going up to 11480 regions.

I have 380s as PP.

I have targets as.

R1 @ 11485 or
S1 @ 11320

Double tops guys...

So I hope my short will work out. It broke above 380 and now it's coming back down.
This is a range-bound market so far...and yesterday was range-bound.
I went long at opening and took some nice profit so I did that right...

I'm not doing so good today. Getting nervous.

Double tops guys...

So I hope my short will work out. It broke above 380 and now it's coming back down.
This is a range-bound market so far...and yesterday was range-bound.
I went long at opening and took some nice profit so I did that right...

I'm not doing so good today. Getting nervous.

I'm favouring the upside. My hourly MAs have turned green with price cross overs. In the absence of any bad news it should continue imo.

I'm favouring the upside. My hourly MAs have turned green with price cross overs. In the absence of any bad news it should continue imo.

I shouldn't place blame, but....I was in a chatroom ( I will not give out names ) with a well known trader who was spewing "it's a short day" took his advice and now seeing RED. I got kicked out when I called him on that...:mad:

That just shows how you should never other people's system in a choppy market.
Like I said, long from support is good, but it won't be breaking quite yet...

I went long from opening support and made a tidy profit, but currently in PAIN. I have a pretty wide stop, and currently only down 1-2% so I'm holding out :eek:

Today not so fun...
hang in guys, it's a ride...

I shouldn't place blame, but....I was in a chatroom ( I will not give out names ) with a well known trader who was spewing "it's a short day" took his advice and now seeing RED. I got kicked out when I called him on that...:mad:

That just shows how you should never other people's system in a choppy market.
Like I said, long from support is good, but it won't be breaking quite yet...

I went long from opening support and made a tidy profit, but currently in PAIN. I have a pretty wide stop, and currently only down 1-2% so I'm holding out :eek:

Today not so fun...
hang in guys, it's a ride...

Absolutely true Arthur. I'm always more interested in direction long or short and what other people are seeing rather than entry and exit points as everybody has their own system.

Never blindly follow anyone else.

Are you currently long or short?

Short :(
But I have to say, this is a 50/50 chance of long or short if entry point is right.
11352 is my entry for 2 contracts, so my loss has been minimized quite a bit, but I'm still quite pissed off that I broke so many of my own rules of trading...

Status
Not open for further replies.