Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short :(
But I have to say, this is a 50/50 chance of long or short if entry point is right.
11352 is my entry for 2 contracts, so my loss has been minimized quite a bit, but I'm still quite pissed off that I broke so many of my own rules of trading...

This is what I'm looking at - at the moment... 11380s either will be rejected or breached...

PS. I'm currently long and still favour the upside.

Attachments

• DOW-20080821-H1.doc
    138.5 KB · Views: 191
Looks like 380 has been breached.

Thinking out loud, I think from 11400s, 11380 maybe tested and then if it subsequently goes beyond 11400 I will add to long position.

if 380 is breached I would be very happy...but it's not happening, I don't think.
today was long from the start.
My stop will soon be hit...ouch.

Excellent discussion guys. Attila, Breadman, You are undoubtedly wizards

Not forgetting you Mr Arthur:)

BLATANT F*cking manipulation @12:53

Glad I'm not long near the top here...
I have my doubts for any position now.
Stop not hit.

Yes Ralph, we're all genius thinkers! But we still lose on the odd day...such as today for me.

I think longs might be taking profit that's why it spiked down.

:whistling
Excellent discussion guys. Attila, Breadman, You are undoubtedly wizards

Not forgetting you Mr Arthur:)

Cheers Ralph but bewarned I'm no wizard but more an apprentice...

This fall to 11380 I'm tempted to think is a shakeout. I've added to my long pos at 380. Now to sit tight, clench buttocks and watch either pips dissappear or multiply... :cheesy: (SL @ 11360)

:whistling

This fall to 11380 I'm tempted to think is a shakeout. I've added to my long pos at 380. Now to sit tight, clench buttocks and watch either pips dissappear or multiply... :cheesy: (SL @ 11360)

Looks like a multiplication day

Certainly choppy but still trying to now break out of this 400 level.

Sweet when a plan comes together... (y)

PS Looking to lock profits and get out now...

Just closed that extra pos at 410.

Looks like it's trending sideways on 1 min charts and may well test 380s again very shortly.

Pooh bear... Got that one wrong. Went up to 420... Oh dear :eek:

Original target of 11480s R1 level holds.

BLATANT F*cking manipulation @12:53

Glad I'm not long near the top here...
I have my doubts for any position now.
Stop not hit.

Yes Ralph, we're all genius thinkers! But we still lose on the odd day...such as today for me.

I think longs might be taking profit that's why it spiked down.

Yes the markets are manipulated.

The 30 min chart gives a lot of clues. We have a gap going back to the open on Monday of 90 odd points, gaps are always liable to being closed. If it closes having closed that gap then we have a potentially bullish setup, if the gap fails then...well you know the rest

resistance here at 11460 could turn back now short term overbought if it breaks look for 11505

relationships Dow,Oil,$ will be difrent.......there is no chance markets are manipulated

.....we going to see new face

relationships Dow,Oil,$ will be difrent.......there is no chance markets are manipulated

.....we going to see new face

since 16.15 GMT DOW has had total disregard for the oil price with regard to only coming down a dollar, the DOW pushed off when the $ started to turn north.

since 16.15 GMT DOW has had total disregard for the oil price with regard to only coming down a dollar, the DOW pushed off when the $ started to turn north.

.....it will take some time to see the new relationships.....now it's to dangerous for trade < in my view>

Status
Not open for further replies.