Dow 2007

Where is everybody?

Is trading the Dow more difficult or involving than ususal, or has everyone taken the rest of the day off?

Short 487 cash

Edit: 2 min chart confirms.

Edit 2: 3 and 5 mins confirm, selling pressure looks to be increasing. Looks like some lucky folk got short from a whisker away from 13500.

Last edited:
Where is everybody?

Is trading the Dow more difficult or involving than ususal, or has everyone taken the rest of the day off?

I'm still short. Making losses. But stubborness has taken over me. I feel possessed. I'm going to see this through to the end of the week if it wipes me out. I'm sticking to my action plan outlined last Sunday.

Good example of how not to trade. :eek:

well this new long entry was a bit tight. could have waited and get in at the same price but on the way up as opposed to this.

typical mistake I make.

stop to 70, and adding at 85 (also stop at 70) with a free trade now on the full position. target 545

and out flat. I have to give negative kudos to my excellent adding opportunity.

definitely didnt like 500. well, lesson learned.

I'm still short. Making losses. But stubborness has taken over me. I feel possessed. I'm going to see this through to the end of the week if it wipes me out. I'm sticking to my action plan outlined last Sunday.

Good example of how not to trade. :eek:

Short from where? I just covered a short anticipating another move north.

I feel possessed.

I'm in no position to be giving advice, but I hope you know what you are doing. Do you keep a written record of trades, and if so have you referred back to it? If you don't know why you are in a trade, get out. Are you just hoping, or do you have valid reasons to hold this?

I'm going to see this through to the end of the week if it wipes me out.

Wipes you out!? Make sure you leave enough to trade another day!

I wish you well.

and out flat. I have to give negative kudos to my excellent adding opportunity.

definitely didnt like 500. well, lesson learned.

Sorry to hear about your trade. There will be more opportunities before the close, and even more tomorrow!

Close one for me there - just noticed I had an open buy stop which is within a few tics of being triggered - oops! - Cancelled it!

its ok lurker, thanks. no cash in, and a trade that was placed and left on its own while i was with my kid. so no worries.

the adding a long blindly after a rejection of a round number is the issue. well, we all have our flaws. yep, you are right, opportunities all over the place.

j

its ok lurker, thanks. no cash in, and a trade that was placed and left on its own while i was with my kid. so no worries.

the adding a long blindly after a rejection of a round number is the issue. well, we all have our flaws. yep, you are right, opportunities all over the place.

j

Well I've just given back 80% of my profits today in a single trade. Lost 20 from +25.

I have a long entry identified at 13453, any body go long..

My short last night, bummer -10