Dow 2007

I actually laughed out loud at that. You did make some profit from your bearish insight, yes?

I think we're all up for the day. Now let's spare a thought for our counterparties...

Edit: just realised - we were selling to the same irrational bulls who have been bugging use for ages! **** em!

Well in all modesty, having that plan in mind did make me get an accurate entry point and indeed made me some profit on the shorts (+30 and +40)...

Obviously there was no reason to exit yet, but we all have are flaws (taking profits too early is mine)...

Closed short 13421 @ 13375 for +46
Closed short 13408 @ 13375 for +33
Closed short 13905 @ 13375 for +20

Closed Nasdaq short 1878 @ 1870 for +8

1 Loss -10

Total for now +91

Off to cook tea, back after for some evening session and a few more points, ( I hope)

1 & 2 min set up look good for a long, 3 min hopefully back up, I'll leave it for now.

Good work Dinos! Very impressed. How long have you been trading?

I was just stopped on that short, so I am +2 for the day!

1 Loss -10

Total for now +91

Off to cook tea, back after for some evening session and a few more points, ( I hope)

Well done, you're in a class of your own :)
My trades:
short 13470 out @ 13440 = +30
short 13470 out @ 13430 = +40

Interesting to compare styles of entry/exit... I prefer to enter with whole position at once and scale out.

if you don't mind me asking, what is your signal to exit a trade?
and do you close out all your positions at once (i.e. don't scale out?)

Last edited:

1 Loss -10

Total for now +91

Very impressed!

Out of interest, what charting platform do you use?

Yeah - covered it at 17. Thanks for the warning (which was just in time if I had checked the board). -6 for today.

demontaz,

been trading the digital options with betonmarkets.com they dont have a great interface or charts but its quite straight forward. my forex trade from this am expired at 12.20 gmt with a 100% profit. still short the dow on the other trade.

rather than direct answers to individuals, I answer as I can

I have been trading 12 years, I have developed over time simple set up that suit my style,

I work from 1 min positions, using the same chart settings on every min chart, when the same condition of the greater chart meet, it confirms my decision was correct and allows an opportunity to add on each confirmation.

I generally close on the crossover of the ema8/21, however, when substancial profits are involved, I look for the first signs of weakness and close all positions.

I use stockcharts and currently analysing Pro-Real Time

Its just years of experience and mistakes/losses in my informative years that have allowed me to develop a simple approach to trading

Shame we, have to eat, it was a clear buy signal, and I missed it.Never mind cant win them all

stopped out -15 pips

Yeah, I'm down 22 pips for the day! Packing it in until tomorrow, I'm overtired anyways.

Edit: wait, you were short? Oh, don't tell me the long I closed earlier is now in the money. Just can't seem to call it right today....nevermind.

Yeah, I'm down 22 pips for the day! Packing it in until tomorrow, I'm overtired anyways.

Edit: wait, you were short? Oh, don't tell me the long I closed earlier is now in the money. Just can't seem to call it right today....nevermind.

I've switched positions to short and gave up all gains and currently down -14 pips. However, I'm holding this short position now.

Quite upset really because I feel my expectations were right - up and down but I missed the correct turns and gave up gains.

Dinos your story is inspiring. I've been at it coming up to 4 years now with the last year taking up trading in a serious way with TA, charts and spreadsheets monitoring my gains losses expectancy risk reward ratios the lot. I don't make the losses as I did in the first couple of years but it's constant give and take. I believe I'm near the trough but always wondering and wanting those positive pips day after day so I can retire into the sunhine not having to work...

Getting there but trading sometimes feels as if I'm serving time. :cheesy:

Perhaps I have quite a few more years to go hearing about your 12. When did you brake even and starting swimming in it?

Atilla,

The first few years were a nightmare, didn't know what I doing really, buying when I should have been selling etc, needless to say, I lost my trading post twice, around £35000 in total, didn't go down well with the missus.

After 3/4 years I started to understand more, but still struggled with stop losses, found it hard to get my head around accepting a structered loss, rather than let a position run away as before.

We were fortunate, in Hull, we have our own telecommunications company, Kingston Communications PLC, when it floated, each person was allowed 5,000 shares, between my wife and myself we got 10,000 shares at £2.50 and sold them just short of the high prior its entry to the FTSE 100 at £16.00. I took half of this as my trading pot.

Been in such a fortuitous position, I was determined not to lose the lot, so spent a lot of time understanding the markets and developing my strategy. I never took any money out of the pot and re-invested all the funds to provide platform were I could trade full time.

I do trade a high value £pp, not saying this to brag, I managed to build up my trading pot over the years, it does take the pressure off trading if your really not sure, however, I can understand why some traders entry trades when really they shouldn't.

There you go, a whistle stop tour of Dinos

And while I have been typing this , missed a great long opportunity at 13416, which looks like its retreating and maybe might be able to short, will let you know.

Good Luck