Dow 2007

You will have all seen this I'm sure

US DATA: Apr housing starts +2.5% at 1.528 mln units, well above median
expectation, Mar rev to 1.491 mln units (prev 1.518 mln). Starts of
1-family homes +1.6% to 1.225 mln units, multi-family +6.3% to 303k.
Starts concentrated in jump in NE of +31.3%, with West +7.8%, MW -14.2%
and South -0.1%. Permits issued -8.9% in Apr; 1-family -6.0%, multi-
family -16.4%. Permits for all regions were off; West -14.3%, MW -8.2%,
South -7.0%, NE -5.4%. Report included annual revisions

OK, so are you saying that, which ever way you go, you intend sticking it out for a possible larger move and intend to ignore the short term trending trades.

afternoon all.

was burned in GBPUSD today, so my analysis is not very turstworthy at the moment, but me thinks we get a new high today.

the apparent shooting star is more a breakout pullback to my eyes. target at round 13550

good day.

j

My sentiments too. Wondering how the housing stats will be interpreted.

Well last month the market seized on the better than expected housing starts & the mkt went ballistic. However, I'd imagine todays better than expected starts will be tempered by much weaker than expected permits.

industrial production much stronger than forecast....that might be the one the mkt picks up on initially (the mkt is superb at seizing o the good & burying the bad news at present!)

afternoon all.

was burned in GBPUSD today, so my analysis is not very turstworthy at the moment, but me thinks we get a new high today.

the apparent shooting star is more a breakout pullback to my eyes. target at round 13550

good day.

j

interesting... definitely contrary :)
13550.. that would have to see DOW rise +100 pts... not impossible but not on my probability chart (hope I won't be eating my words at the end of the session)

interesting... definitely contrary :)
13550.. that would have to see DOW rise +100 pts... not impossible but not on my probability chart (hope I won't be eating my words at the end of the session)

absolutely contrary :cheesy:

problem is i was going for 100 pips on cable today, and got burned twice. bad timing. :mad: Still think it can get there, but money management does not allow me to go back in...bu99er.

will post a chart later on. lets use the probabilities, and it is more likely that I eat my words:LOL:. If i do eat my words, then 550 was a typo and meant 350 :LOL:

good day

Edit. this leg up targets 460 then 480