Dow 2007

Digital options

afternoon all,

quick update on my current activity.

Short cable on digital option, expiry at end of today.

current outlook for dow, long in 5min / about to be long on 30min / neautral in 60min.

I am curretnly adapting the way i have been trading due to a massive increase in my work load, i run my own firm (not i.t) and have to trade over a longer time frame now so am switching to digital options.

any experiance with this would be appreciated. cheers

Hi Brutusdog

If its of interest - I do medium term ( 14 day ish) Digital options on Betonmarkets on both DOW and all other major indices. On DOW currently have a bull bet taken out on 1st May that expires at close of play today, that the close will be above 13062, placed when cash market was at 13072. (wish that one was a spread bet!). Return will be 71.5%barring WW3 breaking out.

My guess is that I have similar work pressures. Can only really trade (bet) for a few mins half an hour or so after the start of both europe and US open ie at 8.30 a.m. and 3 p.m. UK time and and sometimes I miss those too.

Regards

Evening all, just got to the charts, see if I can put a spanner in the works re lolet you know how I see things shortly, and any trades

Not a lot to say at the minute, hovering around R1, ema8 & 21, sma 50 all together (well almost), sidelines for now

While I'm waiting, am looking at Pro-real.com, anybody use it, good, bad, indifferent, any response will be appreciated

You cant all be correct, so I will go short at 13405;)

Looks like a good call, I closed my longs in time (not exactly with a big profit though :confused: ) had other bearish signals on NQ (descending triangle) and Russell too... bit of a surprise at the lack of buyers though today

Last edited:
Hey Dinos

Just replied to your comments on my journal. Good shorting opportunity. I was looking at that considering whether to short while typing you a reply, but didn't want to sit with a position for another 2 hours - I really don't have the time, but I hope you get a healthy profit out of it!

Wait a sec... weren't you bearish all along?
So if the uber-bears turn into longs... we should be shorting?! :-0 :eek:

Yes I was and still am. But if you see my earlier blog, I saw Oscar's famous two pin bar reversal on the daily charts.

I purely traded on TA. I see the DOW rising to 13500 for the next couple of days until Wednesday and then a big turn down to 13100 regions.

Here is my blog from yesterday. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=330103&postcount=1307

I've just added to my long position again at 13,338. SL @13290

Still looking good for further decline, currently up +36 as I type.

LL, will look at your response

Regards

Not waited for confirmation, closed position at 310 for +46, enjoyed that for about an hours work

Last edited: