Dow 2007

I am also still long in two small positions left over from late Thursday, having closed the rest of my longs on Friday evening :D This looks like being a very dull low volume day due to their partial public holiday. I shall also try to be virtuous!

I am - not surprisingly - long from the opening but, unfortunately for me... price is just sitting there at the moment :|

Oh well... patience is a virtue!

I had a long limit set for YM at 14100 (fut) ... looks like best entry for now is at ER2. 843 (fut) is obvious reaction to support. But how strong will it bounce :?:

I had a long limit set for YM at 14100 (fut) ... looks like best entry for now is at ER2. 843 (fut) is obvious reaction to support. But how strong will it bounce :?:

NOW is where I would be thinking of going long YM...
have to see some reaction that traders are buying this up first though

looking at the tape now... volume looks on the upside
pushing this back above 14100

Todays market

Can anyone tell me if its early closing on the Dow today or is it just that the Bond market is closed?

NOW is where I would be thinking of going long YM...
have to see some reaction that traders are buying this up first though

looking at the tape now... volume looks on the upside
pushing this back above 14100

Hi FW,

Please let me know when 'you' decide to go short, cos that must mean the buying is definitely over -only joking.

P.S. It's not often you see this little movement on the index - unbelievably slow. That Colombus has got a lot to answer for. :LOL:

Good trading

cheers - Tricks

Hi FW,

Please let me know when 'you' decide to go short, cos that must mean the buying is definitely over -only joking.

P.S. It's not often you see this little movement on the index - unbelievably slow. That Colombus has got a lot to answer for. :LOL:

Good trading

cheers - Tricks

well little movement... depends... volatility has returned to somewhat normal levels really... look back to February this year where we had days with < 50 points in average range.

I'll let you know about that short ;)
for the moment I'm holding an NQ and ER2 long...

and I would be long 14100 fut from the YM but that's a bit too much of exposure in those correlated markets

Still out of the market, perhaps looking to go long off the 15 chart, things starting to line up nicely, waiting

well just closed my NQ long
+15

ER2 didn't give much... out +0 there...
anyway pretty sideways today

good to have some points
take what the market gives right

Huge load of bumf through the post this morning from Fins. Take a week to read and a lawyer to understand it all. Just a quick look but it looks like the Brussel sprouts are getting their teeth into spread-betting. They will no doubt try to strangle it in bureaucratic red tape. That is their usual excuse for their existence. - the clods !

Of course - the MIFD directive. Looks like I should open as many accounts as I'll need before that is implemented. "What we really need is more regulation" (sigh)

Of course, we couldn't ask banks to actually have some store of value to back their fiat currency and deposits, but we can regulate the hell out of everything else. Did you hear the one about "carbon footprints" on bottles of shampoo sold in Tesco?

Careful now - the trend is up still
just snatch a few points while offering

Still in and falling
Moving the trailing stop closer to lock in profits
Ready to grab