Dow 2007

& while I'm venting...what is it with Oil of late not mattering one iota as far as stock markets are concerned as of late?

Only a few weeks ago when it pushed up through $60 a barrel, the stock markets took a dump. Now here we are at $65 & the market has chosen to ignore it (I thought the market was worried about inflation & the consumer?)...hurricane & driving season almost upon us - talk of the Yanks wanting out of Iraq (with likely ensuing mayhem ...which will not help oil one little bit).

This is all bad enough but when you read for example MSN Money's market commentary, (when oil goes up) we get comments such as "rising oil given the energy sector a boost which has led other stocks up", however when oil goes down we see "shares are getting a boost from declining oil price"

...they want their cake & eat it! B@st@rd0s.

One small point Hobby,

When US pulls out of Iraq markets will surge and oil will come down. The mayhem stuff is white house and blair bull pooh.

Also, as oil kicks in from Iraq again prices should come down not go up. imo anyway.

Pivot tested twice and failed, macd histo divergence building, rready to short

what the ....just had my stop taken out on that horrible spike for b/e. just wait for it to drop now. there is some heavy manipulation going on here, could get a big move today..

Ok, the Dow is laughing at shorters now!

Inflationary ISM data, poor housing figs, S&P off 1.5 points....Dow up 20!

Ok, the Dow is laughing at shorters now!

Inflationary ISM data, poor housing figs, S&P off 1.5 points....Dow up 20!

I'm split 50/50 short on DOW and SPX at the mo.

My target is SPX 1475. Probably close DOW at the same time.

I'm still short, added more at 91, forget the news, I'm still looking for further weakness, follow the charts!!

We're going down - keep the faith

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: You are one cool dude 29I :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I love it.

Never had so much fun in such a short space of time.

As I'm dancing to the groovy music watching my Client Position take off - whilst the SPX and DOW get down on the floor with me... :cheesy:

Made my day many thanks:cool:

Likes the pivot, my shorter time frames are now starting a bullish look, getting ready to exit positions

Like I said its interesting that the DOW is still going up today even after some serious data showing it should head in the other direction - either everyone is getting reckless or there is nothing better to put their money into.

Likes the pivot, my shorter time frames are now starting a bullish look, getting ready to exit positions

I'm going to hang in still. I can't see a convincing bounce and BBs narrowing nicely.

We'll see what happens in late trade. Still expecting my target to come in.

I am ready for the DOW bounce though. Be interesting if it breaches 13110 regions and makes tracks to 13130, possible but unlikely to me at the mo.

Watching, listening and waiting...:)

I too am letting this roll....albeit in the meantime I'm being a complete grumpy b@star@rd to anyone that attempts to be nice to me.

I have an inkling that even though it's presently taking the p1ss, it will yield later on today. And when it does..,.it might be a good 'un.

I too am letting this roll....albeit in the meantime I'm being a complete grumpy b@star@rd to anyone that attempts to be nice to me.

I have an inkling that even though it's presently taking the p1ss, it will yield later on today. And when it does..,.it might be a good 'un.

Hi Hobby,

Read back some of the posts but not clear other than you cheesed off right now but are you long or short on the Dow?

Which ever it is what are your reasons?

I concur with all the bad news and still scratching mi head wondering it's going high etc.

I'm still short and looks like it's given up some of the fight. Still don't trust the Dow though as a pull up always poss.

Thought oil would go down with the indeces but didn't place any bets. Indeed it has. Just touching $65 now. Still wondering but probably wont. Made a mental note to short oil next time it touches $66. :)

My wife came home and saved me from closing my position, the histogarm turned in m y favour, so I allowed it run and went out to the pub for tea, just got back in, marvellous surprise. Currently up +99 first trade, +86 2nd Trade and +49 third trade, a grand total of 243.

Tempted to cash in but charts tell to stay open, more to take

My wife came home and saved me from closing my position, the histogarm turned in m y favour, so I allowed it run and went out to the pub for tea, just got back in, marvellous surprise. Currently up +99 first trade, +86 2nd Trade and +49 third trade, a grand total of 243.

Tempted to cash in but charts tell to stay open, more to take

Did you drink Heineken by any chance... Reaches parts other beers can't...:cheesy:

Good move Dinos... Now just hand over the Plastic to the Mrs there's a good boy.

Hi Hobby,

Read back some of the posts but not clear other than you cheesed off right now but are you long or short on the Dow?

Which ever it is what are your reasons?

Thought oil would go down with the indeces but didn't place any bets. Indeed it has. Just touching $65 now. Still wondering but probably wont. Made a mental note to short oil next time it touches $66. :)

I don't dabble in oil, but mention it only because of it's (normal) significant impact on the indicies.

I'm short Dow & Dax on fundamentals. (still short Dow from Friday @13102 - though I've closed already closed out some former bad Dow positions - & the latter from somewhere so low I'm embarrassed to mention). i'd have to say it's been the worst run of my 15 years of dabbling.

I've been caught out badly by this unending spike up from the early march lows (though I took heaps outta that fall, so perhaps shouldn't complain that much). I'm watching agog as bad data after bad data release has the opposite effect to what you'd expect! i'm also astonished at the impact of earnings beating overly *LOW* forecasts has had. I can't believe the sheer number of M&A activity & private buyouts over recent weeks....where were these buyers a couple of years ago (ie why buy now at all time highs?).

even now, the Dow being red doesn't look convincing & has the feel it could whip up at any minute.

Torture.

I don't dabble in oil, but mention it only because of it's (normal) significant impact on the indicies.

I'm short Dow & Dax on fundamentals. (still short Dow from Friday @13102 - though I've closed already closed out some former bad Dow positions - & the latter from somewhere so low I'm embarrassed to mention). i'd have to say it's been the worst run of my 15 years of dabbling.

I've been caught out badly by this unending spike up from the early march lows (though I took heaps outta that fall, so perhaps shouldn't complain that much). I'm watching agog as bad data after bad data release has the opposite effect to what you'd expect! i'm also astonished at the impact of earnings beating overly *LOW* forecasts has had.

even now, the Dow being red doesn't look convincing & has the feel it could whip up at any minute.

Torture.

Yes I agree about the direction and uncertainty. Go with the charts as they say.

There is good news though. I feel end of the Iraq war and US pull out will push the markets further. I can't help feeling this is being factored in.

Also, oil will come down with increased production.

Just imagine, Europe eases US and Israeli fears about Iran's nuclear weapons. Iraq returns back to calm and peace. Oil starts flowing and Iraq reconstruction gets going full flow.

All possible imo.

Not forgetting the elections and Democrats getting in.

Did somebody say the DOW might hit 16000 or was that 13600. :rolleyes:

Weathers picking up quite nicely too...:D

ok, just bailed out of my Dow long 13078...this present spike up is just one spike up too much for me. (missed that bottom & would have closed but wasn't near a screen). well miffed.

You're all safe....the Dow will surely tank now.