Dow 2007

Anyone else having fun with this today? I was long on sept futures from 13685 and out 13718. then long at 13721- still in it... Total for far for the day from all markets is 495pts up. Probably won't post much untill later because i've got my father up teaching him how to trade...

Good luck guys...

With almost 500pts you might try not only to teach your father but also us here ;)
That's really amazing, what markets do you trade?

What's your interpretation of that?

Less enthusiasm in the market to trade at these high prices. Pleased to see that volume is up on the last 5m bar, and that tick is steadily trending lower.

There would have been a lot of buying and then covering in the long white candles (5m) after the market opened, hence the good volume, but there is some general reluctancy to trade at those heights.

Oh bugger, there go both our entries. Ooops. Got a stoploss at 90, holding this trade.

This is a trade I want to hold to EOD. If I get stopped out so be it. Stops are in, emotions are out, I have a limit order so I don't need to watch this. I think I will walk away for a little while. If I sit here I will try to day trade and scalp. I am short because I see broad weakness in US equities, and the chart tells me to be short. That weakness still exists despite a small 20 point rally, and the chart still looks bearish to me on the longer timeframes.

Short 13765 futures. Stoploss at 13790. Target 13700.

based on what ? I cannot see anything except a 3 & 5 minute MA cross over to support this decision (and 3 has crossed back over already). Even then that wasn't supported by Stochs etc.
There was no corroboration for this anywhere else, unless I'm missing something ?

Firewalker - that is a pity, you got filled pretty near the top. I am still a little uneasy in this trade. Rathcoole, I shorted this based on a weak test of highs, volume was drying up, and tick was making lower highs and lower lows for almost an hour.

I do think that things are looking a little more bullish now, and we might see a test of 800 soon.

Wondering about my exit here - perhaps best to let this trade get stopped out.

did anyone else get a nasty spike up on their live feed to 13710 cash 5 mins ago ??....??

well I don't know what to make of this...I posted this yesterday about 3.30pm when Dow was @ 13500ish on cash and got what I thought was a nasty spike up...I put it down at the time to the 4 star unleaded I'd been drinking.....:LOL: :LOL:

High of today shows 13710 cash...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Is it possible that this was always gonna be manipulated up to 710 by the boys in the know.....very,very,spookey...:rolleyes:

I missed the entry for this one. There is simply no knowing how far this might go, or not......
I'm going to wait for a pull-back to bring Stochs, ElderRay and MACD down from their high levels and then go long once they turn back up again...on 60 mins.

Hopefully this pull-back will be to around 13680, the pull back 4 hours ago, so we get a double bottom for the session forming puppies indicating a major move up. And I don't believe the 13680 previous pull-back is a coincidental figure, it's exactly the mid linear regression line.

Of course the pull-back might not come but I'm happy to sit this one out until it does.

have you looked at DAX?
I can't remember seeing a vertical rise like this for a long long time!

Yes,cool innit..:cool: It spent all morning doing nothing even with US futures well up..........playing catch up big time now....:LOL:

Perhaps we should just shut our eyes and dive in long expecting retest above 8100....:rolleyes:

Firewalker - that is a pity, you got filled pretty near the top. I am still a little uneasy in this trade. Rathcoole, I shorted this based on a weak test of highs, volume was drying up, and tick was making lower highs and lower lows for almost an hour.

I do think that things are looking a little more bullish now, and we might see a test of 800 soon.

Wondering about my exit here - perhaps best to let this trade get stopped out.

I always follow my plan regarding stops.
Lucky I did so now... I hope you did too, there's no reason hanging on too a losing trade.

Out for -29 and flat now. Yes, I did stick to my hard stop which was triggered in my absence.

Net -38 for today.

Evening all

Intended to have a go at the night session. kin hell, one hell of a move across the index there.

Re DOW, can't see any reason to short yet, sidelines for me

Hi FW, nice to see you back, I'm popping in and out until the missus get here next week

Anybody in on this move??

10 min chart might be the best here to follow, macd histo div building, macd momentum narrowing, stochs 96, I'm watching from here.