Dow 2007

Well, I'm net -8 in total. Took +1 on a scalp, nothing really lining up for a positon trade here.

Will wait a little while.

a horizontal channel
might fake a move one way and go the other

But seems to be stuck - possibly till Thurs !

( We was going no-where - so Charlie and me went 'ome )

Last edited:
I'm falling asleep watching this. I'm short from 88 but nothing is happening. Target around 70, stoploss 99.

support 490
res 510
?

am i the only one who gets confused when some people quote DJIA/INDU prices and some use YMU7 prices ?
I nearly had a heartattack when i saw these numbers from Pat til I realised they were the direct prices not the Futures :eek:

I'm falling asleep watching this. I'm short from 88 but nothing is happening. Target around 70, stoploss 99.

i reckon it will either be flat all day or take off with one huge eruption up or down. but given the lack of volume (still only 58.5k) I doubt there's enough impetus to get anything moving.
mind you, knowing my luck, i'd probably be in the loo or the kitchen and miss the BIG MOVE anyway. You know, the one that people will talk about for the next decade,"'but the signs were so obvious", "sorry, i was making a cuppa tea"

am i the only one who gets confused when some people quote DJIA/INDU prices and some use YMU7 prices ?
I nearly had a heartattack when i saw these numbers from Pat til I realised they were the direct prices not the Futures :eek:

Per my sig, I only quote futures prices for the front month.

i reckon it will either be flat all day or take off with one huge eruption up or down. but given the lack of volume (still only 58.5k) I doubt there's enough impetus to get anything moving.
True enough - we've just broken 59k lots and it is 5pm already. I may trade if volume picks up later. Notice that half the volume of today happened on the mfg numbers, and it has been flat since. I'm getting quite sleepy here. I also don't want to be overtrading, so a break is in order.

mind you, knowing my luck, i'd probably be in the loo or the kitchen and miss the BIG MOVE anyway. You know, the one that people will talk about for the next decade,"'but the signs were so obvious", "sorry, i was making a cuppa tea"

I wouldn't be too surprised with a rally up to 650, then down again. It looks like a break of 600 is likely, as it has never been properly rejected. Anyway, I'll be back later.

you are not alone .. I think someone asked before about indicating the instrument when quoting prices but it is easy to forget ..

Okay, I didn't manage that. Tried to short the top there, put my stop too close. That is me finished for the time being. I may trade after 7, but unlikely.

you are not alone .. I think someone asked before about indicating the instrument when quoting prices but it is easy to forget ..

That was my request, and people remembered it for a little while.

Covered short for +16. Net -18 for the day.

How about C for cash and F for futures ?
My two remaining braincells could just about cope with that ( for a while anyway ) lol

Short 80. Stop 88. Target 70.

We're below the 100 minute EMA, and there is bearish tick divergence present on the 5m.

i managed to "steal" $20-$25 four times in the last few minutes on the 1 minute chart but the tension's killing me so I've switched to 15 mins and gone short at 580 (F) time to put my feet up and enjoy this rather nice Australian CabMerlot.....

Stopped out for -8. I should have taken +6 when it was offered.

Short 79 again.

out for Even. this is stupid, i promised myself i wouldn't trade until there was a TREND and here I am trying to scalp a few bucks here and there.
I'm gonna pull the plug and come back Thursday after the Septics have had their holiday. We didn't want them anyway, ungrateful sods :rolleyes: