Dow 2007

I'm going to go and wash some dishes, and make some dinner instead of watching the proverbial paint drying here.

Back later.

hi lurker

want to come and watch the paint in my house....it's already dry, but.....diswasher is broken by the way, in case you get bored ;)

on a serious note, i really never have followed a FOMC day in the DOW, only for FX. overthere, IMO is going to be a nonevent, and just allow the trend to continue. Will be interesting to see the reactions on the DOW.

j

went short at 13445, out at 13445 - lost 5pts on the spread...

Sorry to hear that. I'm still flat.

jacinto - I've never followed that either - I want a quick yank in the price, otherwise I'll just finish for the day. I can't really afford being whipsawed.

Sorry to hear that. I'm still flat.

jacinto - I've never followed that either - I want a quick yank in the price, otherwise I'll just finish for the day. I can't really afford being whipsawed.

hi lurker,

then, i think you just answered your doubts yourself. IMHO, trading the news can be exciting, but, at least in forex, the last several months, trading US news is not worth it. whip here, whip there, so be extra careful

all the best.

j

Bugger. I just went short at 52 with a SL of 62 and a target of 30. Too close to the FOMC and now I'm in a trade I don't want to be in. I'm not covering until the stoploss though. Tick is failing to reach new highs, and there is a bearish divergence, so I will hold on for the pullback unless I am stopped out first.

I shouldn't have taken a trade 20 mins before news -that doesn't leave me much room although I firmly believe in fading that "breakout".

my two two trades have been short. Every time i get my signals i enter the trade and the market just flattens out then heads in the other direction. Altho i just checked as i was writing this, my current trade was long at 13445 and i've just closed out at 134460 for +20 :D Lost two at 5pts each, so i'm 15pts up so far...

Bugger. I just went short at 52 with a SL of 62 and a target of 30. Too close to the FOMC and now I'm in a trade I don't want to be in. I'm not covering until the stoploss though. Tick is failing to reach new highs, and there is a bearish divergence, so I will hold on for the pullback unless I am stopped out first.

I shouldn't have taken a trade 20 mins before news -that doesn't leave me much room although I firmly believe in fading that "breakout".

Out +2 net of spread (I got out when the underlying traded at 47).

So, 3 trades, 2 wins, 1 loss, average win £1.50, average loss £8 (earlier news, I wasn't quick enough to cover and got filled at the top). Net -5.

I'd be frightened to go long even if the news sends the market high. I think I may take a quick long if it is a big move, but I'd be on board a lot sooner if it falls.

I must have peppered about 20 limit orders into that, and none were filled (or I pulled them because I no longer wanted a fill.)

Then my otFeed frooze at 19:18:01 and I was having to go on the cbot.com live book. Nothing there, flat, no trades, no profits.

I see from the cbot live book that we are up around 85-90 now. If I had a chart and updated $Tick, I'd consider shorting. That news simply moved too fast for me.

Oh, and yes, one of those limit orders was an attempt to get long at 430. By the time the page refreshed, the market was at 40 and rising, and I had a pending limit which would never be filled.

otFeed barfing out all the old data which is thankfully timestamped. I guess the FOMC was bullish. Nevermind. Perhaps we can short a test of 600 or something.

i'm giving it untill 8pm and if nothing interesting is happening then i'm calling it quits for the day. Been sat here infront of this dam computer for over 12hrs now for just 15pts...

i'm giving it untill 8pm and if nothing interesting is happening then i'm calling it quits for the day. Been sat here infront of this dam computer for over 12hrs now for just 15pts...

I did that yesterday for 14 points at £1pp. I know how you feel. But you are learning, and it is better to be pip positive.

Oh come on - this just isn't funny. The market was trading at around 75 for ages, I should have been filled at 72.

Long 508. The one fill I did get.

Out with +9 net. The underlying was at 20 - I saw it coming back on me and chickened out. I should have held. It was a good buy a few ticks off the LOD. Although, I was in for a quick scalp rather than a position trade.