Dow 2007

I'm so confused.

The 4 hour charts look like a long and a short at the same time to me... :eek:

What is wrong with me? :cheesy:

hi atilla,

doesnt that typically mean a congestion.....and in this case a triangle type of formation?

by the way, with my market reading skills on cable today, i should stick to cooking dinner:eek: .

j

err... that could explain why you are seeing signals for either direction... I'd leave the belly out of it if I were you ;)

Hmmm, not sure FW... Working on an empty stomach is like losing calories just thinking about food. But I do agree with your previous points about not having a decent trustworthy system which I adhere to.

I'll have to have some more food and think about that one. :LOL:

Really dissapointed I didn't incubate that egg. Look at it 13635. Could have been up another +15. Greed is setting in.

Luckily CSI is on soon to drag me away.

hi atilla,

doesnt that typically mean a congestion.....and in this case a triangle type of formation?

by the way, with my market reading skills on cable today, i should stick to cooking dinner:eek: .

j

No not at all me amigo. You are right. In fact this is virtually same as what we/I saw on cable. It's on the upper band of the Std Err chart sloping down. So it will either retrace again or carry on rising. I reckon it's going to continue up up and away. Like cable in fact. I reckon my first hunch about 660 level will materialise.

The 4 hour charts beginning to make sense now. MACD turning up. Stochastic turning up and so is price and DEMAs.

I think I'll sit out the rest of the evening.

Good trading everyone.

Attachments

• US30 Cash.png
    US30 Cash.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 124
Hmmm, not sure FW... Working on an empty stomach is like losing calories just thinking about food. But I do agree with your previous points about not having a decent trustworthy system which I adhere to.

A bit off-topic but recent studies actually suggest you perform better when feeling hungry.

"Researchers at Yale School of Medicine have found evidence that a hormone produced in the stomach directly stimulates the higher brain functions of spatial learning and memory development, and further suggests that we may learn best on an empty stomach. "

I know you were only kidding but nevertheless an interesting read
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=38278

A bit off-topic but recent studies actually suggest you perform better when feeling hungry.

"Researchers at Yale School of Medicine have found evidence that a hormone produced in the stomach directly stimulates the higher brain functions of spatial learning and memory development, and further suggests that we may learn best on an empty stomach. "

I know you were only kidding but nevertheless an interesting read
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=38278

No quite right FW. This is why people fall asleep after lunch or big meals. I suppose the reason perhaps for Siesta time after lunch in hot weather countries. Brain needs to divert blood and oxygen to digest food. I thought this was common knowledge though, why do they need a big study now?

I have also performed better in exams with empty stomach than another where I had a big slap up steak meal. Must confess don't eat much meat anymore virtually a vegetarian except for tuna.

I'm not politically correct so does this mean big cuddly people are less intelligent than cat walk models? I dunno just a thought before cuddly people start sending me hate mail.:cheesy:

No quite right FW. This is why people fall asleep after lunch or big meals. I suppose the reason perhaps for Siesta time after lunch in hot weather countries. Brain needs to divert blood and oxygen to digest food. I thought this was common knowledge though, why do they need a big study now?

I have also performed better in exams with empty stomach than another where I had a big slap up steak meal. Must confess don't eat much meat anymore virtually a vegetarian except for tuna.

I'm not politically correct so does this mean big cuddly people are less intelligent than cat walk models? I dunno just a thought before cuddly people start sending me hate mail.:cheesy:

Oiii!!! what is it with siesta!!!

j

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I thought Spanish people were very hard working people and just the Catalonians were the lazy ones... :cheesy:

nah, catalonians are spanish dudes that think they are french, but they are not :LOL: :LOL: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

nah, catalonians are spanish dudes that think they are french, but they are not :LOL: :LOL: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Oh I see now. That explains the Catalonian temperament very nicely.

Perhaps the World Health Organisation should offer them some kind of counselling. :LOL:

And the Catalonians might appreciate it more if the rest of Spain subsidises the cost with their tax payments. :cheesy:

Bedtime so zzz everyone. :)

Apologies to going off topic a trifle but I hope it was all in good taste:cheesy: .

My 4 hour charts looking bullish today.

With the DAX storming ahead I think the DOW will attempt to breach 13670 and then 13700.

One big IF is IF we fail to breach 13700 and make a lower high and turn down back down as per this attached chart. However, I think we need confirmation of this in the charts and at the moment, the 4 hour charts don't show it. So onwards and forwards, steady as she goes.

Given that support picked up from 23% 13580 levels the other day I still hold the view we have more upside to come.

Absolutely amazing the DOW. Knows no bounds.

On another note the Parliementary Committee is going to be grilling the Private Equity bodies. Lot's of fun there. :LOL:

Good trading everyone.

My 4 hour charts looking bullish today.

With the DAX storming ahead I think the DOW will attempt to breach 13670 and then 13700.

Absolutely amazing the DOW. Knows no bounds.

Dax is on drugs yet again.....only 30pts off all time high....Doesn't seem that long ago it was in the 2700's....how time flys...

Dax is on drugs yet again.....only 30pts off all time high....Doesn't seem that long ago it was in the 2700's....how time flys...

Are you still short Steve / Tricks?

I've stopped listening to Bloomberg and the news really. Listen to Jazz instead now. Can see the charts much clearer. :cheesy:

I'm flat at the moment.

Oil is going through the ceiling. Gold has been playing catchup at 660. Everything is looking mighty bullish.

Perhaps we are setting up or getting close to the big fall. I'll be out best part of the afternoon and probably a good thing. See what happens by 4pm-ish before taking another view.

Good luck everyone.

I'm still short unfortunately.....:eek: took my signal off Mondays session so sweating it out here.Nothing has happened yet to negate that signal but today looks as if it will be make or break.....

cheers

I'm still short unfortunately.....:eek: took my signal off Mondays session so sweating it out here.Nothing has happened yet to negate that signal but today looks as if it will be make or break.....

cheers

This might still happen but as you'll say we'll find out today or sometime soon with breakouts.

I tried to attach it to a previous blurb but not sure what happened. It's one from last week.

Attachments

• USDOW-Bearish.png
    USDOW-Bearish.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 302

I've stopped listening to Bloomberg and the news really. Listen to Jazz instead now. Can see the charts much clearer. :cheesy:

I'm flat at the moment.

Oil is going through the ceiling. Gold has been playing catchup at 660. Everything is looking mighty bullish.

Perhaps we are setting up or getting close to the big fall. I'll be out best part of the afternoon and probably a good thing. See what happens by 4pm-ish before taking another view.

Good luck everyone.

Hi Atilla,

Flat at the moment. Could have taken 40 pips yesterday on Sept short, but let it run (without a trailing stop) and ended up +1. Oops! Have to go out myself now, which is a shame, because the futures are nearing the top again, and I would be looking for a short near that level.

cheers - Tricks

Having said that, I have a sneaking suspicion that a new top might be in later today. There seems no end to the buying, but as we all know, it wiil turn sometime!