Dow 2007

Light Entertainment

Q: How Many animals can you fit into a pair of tights?

A: 2 Calfs, 1 beaver, 1 ass, 1 pussy, countless hares, the occasional **** and 1 dead fish that nobody can fine.

hehe

Hi Tricks, had the day off after my erractic trading yesterday, no intentions of trading today, just logged on to update on whats happened/ happening

I've had today off for the same reasons. I lost 54 pips yesterday. That is yesterdays loss limit of 30 plus todays loss limit of 30. That counts as 3 losing days in a row, which means I take the rest of the week off. I have the weekend to do some backtesting though. +50 in paper pips from live calls on this thread though, so at least I am doing something right.

Are we seeing the formation of a double top, the second top forming on disappointing low volume, combined with a tick divergence? If I had been at the screen, I would have shorted 90. Sell limit there now, target 1 70, target 2 50, stoploss 705.

Short 2 YM at 90.
Exit half at 70, stop to BE, T2 at 50.

Using 2 contracts with a 15 point stop, so total risk is 30 of my 50 profit. I wouldn't try a trade like this earlier in the day.

A bit slow there, 4X = Castlemaine, of course, speaking of beer, time to crack one open

how does that count on binary? I mean where did you close in terms of real points on YM? otherwise difficult to compare imo...

fw, its about 5 points cash, i have found it to be a cheeper way of scalping as i am spreadbetting and wouldn't get anything other wise due to the spread..bit of a risky one but i dropped the trade size:D

fw, its about 5 points cash, i have found it to be a cheeper way of scalping as i am spreadbetting and wouldn't get anything other wise due to the spread..bit of a risky one but i dropped the trade size:D

oh ok
thanks for clearing that up :)

btw just went long fut 13685

Are we seeing the formation of a double top, the second top forming on disappointing low volume, combined with a tick divergence? If I had been at the screen, I would have shorted 90. Sell limit there now, target 1 70, target 2 50, stoploss 705.

Short 2 YM at 90.
Exit half at 70, stop to BE, T2 at 50.

Using 2 contracts with a 15 point stop, so total risk is 30 of my 50 profit. I wouldn't try a trade like this earlier in the day.

I'm thinking it may have been wise to scale into that, rather than putting on 2 for an entry. A sell stop at 85 may have worked well, with a stop at 700 for the second part of the trade, meaning the same overall risk but only raising the stakes after a move in favour. However, this does limit the upside potential.

oh ok
thanks for clearing that up :)

btw just went long fut 13685

Good luck with that. I hope you don't have a target of 20 though - if it breaks 700 convincingly wouldn't a long still be appropriate, and if it can't break 700 then you may have to take 10 at 95.

There are a lot of large orders taking place at the bid. Nervous longs, or new shorts?

Good luck with that. I hope you don't have a target of 20 though - if it breaks 700 convincingly wouldn't a long still be appropriate, and if it can't break 700 then you may have to take 10 at 95.

There are a lot of large orders taking place at the bid. Nervous longs, or new shorts?

personally i'd go with longs or shorts getting stopped out...but then i'm often wrong:LOL:

I'm ready to take profits at around 25-30 points.
But as you'll probably aware off, I'll leave a part of my position open (usually half) and move stop to breakeven after my target is hit...

I had moved the stop to 20 points from my entry, and revised the target to 60 for both halfs. I don't see this break holding, and I realise that a SL 1 pip above the high is ripe for stop hunting. 710 is a better place for a stop. I'll take -40 if that is hit though, which leaves me with 10 pips for the day. I know you shouldn't move stops away during a trade, but I have reconsidered the target and realised I had set the stop on the basis of tolerable loss, and not on where it should be. 1 tick above the high is not a break. I will be wrong at 710.

Thoughts?

I'm ready to take profits at around 25-30 points.
But as you'll probably aware off, I'll leave a part of my position open (usually half) and move stop to breakeven after my target is hit...

This is coming back on your entry (and mine). Do you have a BE stop, or is it below 85?

Okay, stop moved back to 705. A test of this level again means my short is wrong. 710 is now too far away.

90 broken, and more blocks changing hands on the bid. RSI divergence present in recent tops, tick failed to break 1000 at the high. I'm a grizzly bear.