Dow 2007

be careful with longs.....Russell 2000 tonight broke and closed below last Friday's low on bigger volume...

cheers

No Steve....after a series of exhaustion moves ...I need to see at least One V full retrace....tells me a reversal is better than a guess...;)

Err sorry Tricks....who asked the question ? .....time for a beer I agree lol

No Steve....after a series of exhaustion moves ...I need to see at least One V full retrace....tells me a reversal is better than a guess...;)

No probs CV, have a good night

cheers

P.S. I think it's heading for a retest of 200 - and I'm going to bed !!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. At 200, I think there will be an awful lot of short covering? And, 'bang', of we go again. OR, shall I give in to temptation and buy now? Ha ha !

Last edited:

thats what makes a market CV,different views.....:LOL:

will the Russell lead or follow.....??

should find out tomorrow....:rolleyes:

LOL I did'nt mean anyone was guessing...just explaining what I need to see before deciding on a long play....phew ! glad we have that cleared up then :LOL:

YMU7 13 June 2007

Where to for the Dow today. I think the key 500 level will be an indicator of near term direction. Failure to break through that in early trading will be bearish for the rest of the day. A break of 300 is bearish for the longer term.

I'm watching my new charts, and looking to sell weakness on a test of 500. Failing that, I'm looking for a long on clear consolidation around lower levels around 400, with a confirmed upside break.

COMPX, INDU, and SPX are all up so far, but the 2:1 ratio is absent. Perhaps this will not be a trend day. Tick doesn't seem to notice a zero line and is comfortably straddling both sides.

I'm using new charts - hourlies, 15m, and the 5m. Not paying attention to shorter timeframes.

I'm trying to only trade on strong, high probability setups defined as entry near S/R zones on Tick divergence, respecting the 100 min EMA (buy above, sell below, unless there is good reason to do otherwise for example late entry).

Adapted chartman method calls for the EMA rule, I'm keeping RSI for confirmation, but my main focus is price and volume, informed by tick divergences.

Goals for Today

Losses not to exceed £30
No overtrading (defined as many small scalp trades - target of 3 trades)
No scalping
2:1 risk reward on all trades
Holding a trade until target is hit or an actual reversal materialises - no panic exits. A reversal is defined as the system giving a long (short) signal while I am short (long).
No "gamble entries" - a solid setup must be present.

Tick since the first few bars of the open has been steadily positive. Tight consolodation range building, with support tested at 70 by the wicks of 4 candles. Short a confirmed break of 70. Two tops at 500, long on a break of that.

Be careful implementing these kind of reversals though... you need very clear signals or you can get whipsawed in chop before you know it....

Good point. Was your entry the descending triangle formation combined with higher volume on the down bars? (also, did you not failure to break back above 80?)

Short 64. Support break. Target +20 (near suppor around 40). Stoploss the top of the last candle at 80.

TradIndex aren't moving their quote!

Wait, I've just realised. I got a bloody terrible price on that order. 64. Ouch. This trade will be awhile. Target revised to +10.

Good point. Was your entry the descending triangle formation combined with higher volume on the down bars? (also, did you not failure to break back above 80?)

errr... I don't really see a descending triangle on my 5-min chart? I'm assuming you looking on smaller timeframe?

no, I don't really pay much attention to the volume here... it's so close to the open it's normally pretty high

+20 on first part

Comforting to hear you still have a short on, but after taking half out you can't lose now anyway. I'm a little nervous because of that awful fill. I sold near enough a sensible target. Now at an open loss of 10 on the mid price.

I'm holding it per the rules with a revised target.

Not liking this at all. I see a bullish reversal on my 5 minute. This is going to hit a 30 pip stoploss.

Not liking this at all. I see a bullish reversal on my 5 minute. This is going to hit a 30 pip stoploss.

I don't think you should have taken the trade, if your risk was 30 and your target only 10. I for instance always close about first half when it's at twice the risk for that trade: so 20 points if my stop is at 10 pts. But if you risk much more, you're going to need a lot of winners. Like 80-90%. I'm not saying it can't be done, but most people don't have that kind of win ratio (neither do I).