Dow 2007

If you don't mind me asking, what technicalities signal a short for you?
Imho this looks a fairly solid W-bottom formation.

I have a bearish signal on the 60min cash chart,if it tests 600 again i think we could go down to 575.
Looking to pick 20 out of this trade and call it a day.

RSI under 50 on the hourly cash and stochastic overbought and in downward direction.

Last edited:
Adding to my short now at 13636

Out of both shorts at 13628.
Calling it a day with a total +27
Sideways movement then further down.
But what the hell do i know it's still a Bull market.
Have a good day all

No more trades for me until tonight, kids tea to make, then I'm off to coach an under 13's cricket team. The things we do!!

Back Later and good luck

Have a good day all

Okay, well done to make that on shorts!

Sideways and than up imo :)
But staying flat for now, might put on a trade in the last two hours.

Have a good day all

Looks like you closed it too early... shame for that!

FW...interesting gap on Dax cash @ 7790-7768...maybe worth keeping eye on if we get down there in next few days...

Quite a few large blocks of lots changing hands at the ask. I think the smart money may be buying here, and we are still in a bull market. (I bought the bid, got a fill at 13597 on my sim). NYSE Tick is rising again, off session lows.

Firewalker, I think it did look like a W bottom for awhile. I think the selling clue was the failure to make a higher high and a gravestone doji (5 min) at 16:15. Note also the next three bars had a low range and volume dried up.

Closed that -3 (I think my opentick feed has frozen)

Edit - thats half my internet which is messed up. How odd.

Closed that -3 (I think my opentick feed has frozen)

Edit - thats half my internet which is messed up. How odd.

Shock horror! Just got my feed back up. NYSE Tick now _positive_

Dow down to 75. If I were actually trading, I'd stay the heck away from this today. There should be support around 70, but if that breaks...

And here we all were giving friendly advice to the bears yesterday!

Happy trading.

Firewalker, I think it did look like a W bottom for awhile. I think the selling clue was the failure to make a higher high and a gravestone doji (5 min) at 16:15. Note also the next three bars had a low range and volume dried up.

Yes, good point there. The volume all of a sudden dried up. Might have been a bit too biased to the upside myself today!

made back some earlier losses going short with 11 points proit then i got out at around -15 points from the open. Now it's -50 from the open.... it's painful to lose money, but even more painful when you get out to early and watch how much you could of made :( Ah well at least i'm up...