Diary of a swing spread better

its days like today that make me trust my bookies pivots just look at the bounces on this chart.

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 147
Just came back from the BBC pub downstairs and went long as I had a decent stop loss. If it does not go my way then I wait for it to make a new low then go short.

Elefteros said:
its days like today that make me trust my bookies pivots just look at the bounces on this chart.

If you take their quotes then it makes sense to use their pivots. Well done mate!

I actually openned my first long at around 17:45 but got out about three minutes later losing three points. I am so happy that I can now take my losses just like that. And my long trade proves to be a right one.

It just broke out of the big triangle but is coming back to test it now. But we're still above the 100EMA and I think this is still very much the bulls' territory.

Wrong decision. But I just had to run down to the club and don't want to leave it unattended.

If it goes above 11082, my stop buy order at Fins will take care of it any way. Can't access it from work though.

Well done Elef, sounds like you're on a roll today. I'm still ten down from a daft trade early doors when I just walked in from work and took a 31 point loss, must learn to be more patient. Thing is, it's Friday and I know that once 6pm comes then you can say goodbye to volatility as a rule. I mean, look at the chart from 5 - 6pm - that mirrors the close for all' t'other days o the week.
Anyways, I took the loss on the chin and Baskervilled the 31 back down to 20 immediately. Following which, I took that nice pull back nr the 100 EMA on the minute chart, but got out at the pivot, as I thought it would swing reet back down to R1, how wrong I was. See chart. BTW, the Pivot lines are in red at 977, 027 and 068.
What will the afternoon bring, prob nowt cos we're entering the graveyard slot!!! It is taking on the look of a bull flag though on that chart...

Attachments

• 23 June v1.gif
    23 June v1.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 147
BTW - currently on -10 for the day.
If this flag confirms then it's looking like 60 points, which would be my R2, 118. If it goes, expect the mid resistance pause - 100.. If if if, a clean take of R1 would probably be the confirmation, 068. I'm not confident it has the legs to do it, especially on a Fridy afternoon....

And we're under the 100EMA now, hell is the limit :) 15 point in profit at the moment and will lock in 10.

Someone is trying to push it up from 11030 with some degree of success. But I think it's too heavy though. Having said that it looks like we are seeing a hanging man. I am out 12 point profit. Will short again if the slide continue.

just got closed out at 11035, worst thing is i saw it comming but i paused and didnt pull the triger at 11065 so i missed out will wait for a pullback now then maybe go short later or call it a day, not including the trade from yesterday that i closed out today so far +56 so might call it a day :D

The pull back looks strong. But as soon as it drops again, I'll go short. This is the bears' territory anyway.

chindl said:
BTW - currently on -10 for the day.
If this flag confirms then it's looking like 60 points, which would be my R2, 118. If it goes, expect the mid resistance pause - 100.. If if if, a clean take of R1 would probably be the confirmation, 068. I'm not confident it has the legs to do it, especially on a Fridy afternoon....

Hi, looks like the close is goiing to be in the red, short is the place to be .

Observer MM

Attachments

• DOW.gif
    DOW.gif
    15.8 KB · Views: 143
chindl said:
Well done Elef, sounds like you're on a roll today. I'm still ten down from a daft trade early doors when I just walked in from work and took a 31 point loss, must learn to be more patient. Thing is, it's Friday and I know that once 6pm comes then you can say goodbye to volatility as a rule. I mean, look at the chart from 5 - 6pm - that mirrors the close for all' t'other days o the week.
Anyways, I took the loss on the chin and Baskervilled the 31 back down to 20 immediately. Following which, I took that nice pull back nr the 100 EMA on the minute chart, but got out at the pivot, as I thought it would swing reet back down to R1, how wrong I was. See chart. BTW, the Pivot lines are in red at 977, 027 and 068.
What will the afternoon bring, prob nowt cos we're entering the graveyard slot!!! It is taking on the look of a bull flag though on that chart...

the missus took the day off work to be with me, i cant justify spending the day in front of the pc if i dont make some green :cheesy:

Screw the flag, we're on for a short! Needs to pull back for me! 34 the issue again..

Elefteros said:
just got closed out at 11035, worst thing is i saw it comming but i paused and didnt pull the triger at 11065 so i missed out will wait for a pullback now then maybe go short later or call it a day, not including the trade from yesterday that i closed out today so far +56 so might call it a day :D

Now you're leaving the undone job to us all :) I just reversed my short trade. I can see a double bottom being formed.