Diary of a swing spread better

Here goes - it was 41 not 43 for the day, thought I'd made one on an earlier trade. Not a bad effort for the day, peeved about WS' system failing at the open of the Dow session, as, once again, it could have been more. Can't grumble though.
Go on the Sheilaroos, be good to see them through cos they have some decent prem players and work bloomin 'ard! Great game, and they deserve it, stone wall pen denied for handball again by the same player. Hanging on wi ten now though.
Pivots to follow...

Attachments

• Morning Session 22 June.gif
    Morning Session 22 June.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Afternoon session 22 June.gif
    Afternoon session 22 June.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 133
Pivots for tomm for ADVFN EOD only...

Attachments

• Pivots 2306.gif
    Pivots 2306.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 147
From this 60 min chart, the up trend may well continue into tomorrow.

Attachments

• dow55.jpg
    dow55.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 135
And if so I'll buy when today's high is breached and the high made on Wednesday would be my target.

hungvir said:
Cheers, Chris! You put a WS ad in your first chart though :)
Bah - not by intention I can assure you, and I've lost the image now. Hope you can see what I was trying to get accross.

As for the markets, not going nr anything of significance at the moment, far too choppy ahead of the Fed next week. everything seems to be in the process of changing trends at the moment, euro currencies failing to get above my 49 MA trend line, Yen way below the trend line, Crude a little choppy, but looks to the downside after the weekend (already short crude from last week and it has not met expectations so a big Friday move may see me liquidate for losses if a good price is available today). Indices look very unappealing for an intermediate term trade and likewise grains. Bonds ovesold. Cocoa could be good to go, maybe stick one on there today if able to. Overall, think the sidelines is the best place to be at the moment until some trends are confirmed, which is why I may take my crude off the board today...

Off topic a little - just thought I'd share with you some pictures of my daily commute in the summer months, took these on the way home yesterday evening. Beats travelling to the smoke I can assure you, although I do occasionally need to visit for meetings, it is infrequent and I can get to and thro on me bike into the office usually, lovely morning today, so I'm off now on me bike, as Norman Tebbit once said!!!!!! Do any other part timers have a nice commute?

All the best
Chris

Attachments

• 01-07-04_1754.jpg
    01-07-04_1754.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 01-07-04_1752.jpg
    01-07-04_1752.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 01-07-04_1751.jpg
    01-07-04_1751.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 01-07-04_1746.jpg
    01-07-04_1746.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 148
Great view Chris,

As for my commute, you dont want to know yuk.

Moved my stop up to 11010 and added a short trade there, a little nervous about being long as fridays tend to follow thursdays move.

I'd still do that bike run every summer morning even if I was not a PT trader.....

I have to say, I'm not too sure on the direction today, instinct says lower, but the chart is kind o positive. Look at the hourly chart attached. A DOJI on that last candle would indicate kicking off positive. We also have an switch on the support and resistance levels + the DOJI is nr to the longer term down trend line which could act as good support. The RSI has, however a negative feel to it. The pivot, S1 and R1 are right on the range, Pivt on the high of the 9th, S1 on the hrly DOJI late on the 8th and R1 on the low of the 1st. Not much indication on volume.

The daily is slightly more positive on the RSI, and price has broken through a trend line, so this also a positive. A failure to maintain positive momentum from here could bring the bears back in.

At the moment though, all eyes are getting ready for the next rate decision next week me thinks.

Any comments on my reading of the attached?

Chris

Attachments

• Hrly 22 June.gif
    Hrly 22 June.gif
    25 KB · Views: 129
  • Daily 22 June.gif
    Daily 22 June.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 138
Too much there for me to digest after my big breakfast mates :cheesy:

The 60 min chart is reasonably bullish with clear high high and higher low. I will only be able to trade from 6-8PM today so the market will show all its cards by then.

But I already put in stop sell order below yesterday's low and stop buy order above yesterday's high. This is very much a test of new strategy for dealing with inside days.

Good luck to us all. And if you want to get rich quick, buy a Euromillion lottery ticket :D The jackpot is more than 30 millions I think ;)

And I like the pictures, Chris. I'll share some of mines taken during holidays when I have a bit of time. As for commuting, I use the train and I hate paying more than 1300 per year for the kind of service I get.

Later,

Hung

i also think were heading south chris,

if you look at the daily chart i've attached it looks like a downwards trend to me, the lines going accross are my weekly pivot points and i do believe we may see 10700 by next wednesday.

Back to today and were at the top of the tendline i've drawn so i favour a move down plus its friday and we were down yesterday.

Attachments

• US30.png
    US30.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 141
Hi Eleft,

You're oviously a bear today mate :) Be prepared to change your view as the DOW does its striptease later today though :)

I don't mind which way it goes as long as it goes far enough for us to make something out of it.

Have a good day!

Hung

Another chart (60 min) before I go and collect my daughter from nursery.

It's an upward channel but there's negative divergence on MACD.

Attachments

• dow1.jpg
    dow1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 136
Looks like we're gonna gap down if the futs are anything to go by, Sept contract is 20 down at the moment.
Prob miss the open, POETS day today so will hopefully get home for about 3-15pm after my leisurely ride home in the sun by the sea.....
Chris

out at 10986 for 50 pts not a bad mornings work,

short order in at 11010 stop 11030,

going shopping now so leaving my fate with the dow :cheesy:

got stopped out on that last one, got an itcy finger today though so back in long at 11005 moved my way fast and stop is now at 11010

wow thats a nice move,

moved stop to 11030, going out again happy knowing that i've got my 25 pts back at the least. :D