Diary of a swing spread better

hungvir said:
Is anyone here happy with the 1-0 win?! Well, we got three points but lost a bit of reputation isn't it. The Paraguayans put the ball in their own net.

The team's performance in the second half was pathetic and my studio manager here said it was all because of Sven who he said was ''only interested in sex'' :eek:

But the heat was so intense there and I can see one more reason for the performance.

Cheers,

H

1-0 will do, hung. Wait for later to see them turn on the style.

Whover designed that stadium should be shot - billions of viewers and the crazy shadows made it all but unwatchable.

jon

barjon said:
Blimey, you are living dangerously looking for the bounces during the current carnage, split - hope you've got gloves of steel to protect your fingers as you catch those falling knives :cheesy:

I must admit I'm a firm believer in that, if I worlk from eod, my entry is set from eod. Whenever I've tried to "fine tune" via intraday patterns I've just ended up confusing myself :rolleyes: Nowadays I just wait for the early morning mayhem to clear then stick my orders in, subject to a few caveats (like if I'm going long the price must trade up through the entry point and not down to it).

That does suit me where I can determine entry quite clearly from eod, but I can see it might not suit what you're doing. Not quite sure what persuaded you about NG, particularly since things were a bit confused by going XD to the tune of 16p on Wednesday, so it's not obvious if you had an entry point in mind via eod or if intraday was the only option.

Anyway, just my twopennorth - let NG keeps moving the right way for you :D

good trading

jon

I think that these trades are valid if the stops are close enough and I can see support for NG. at about 590 (could be imagination or wishful thinking) Even the FTSE, IMO, is not quite in a bear phase for me, although it has to start rising now! You'll need to watch NRK, too, it came off a low of about 960 and has risen 40-50 points- well worth having. I mentioned in post 985, page 99 of my opinion that support would be around there. Wish I had been watching, but I wasn't. :cry:

Regards

Split

barjon said:
Whover designed that stadium should be shot - billions of viewers and the crazy shadows made it all but unwatchable.

jon

I think people who schedule matches at that odd time when the Sun is still very much out there should be imprisoned as well.

Splitlink said:
I think that these trades are valid if the stops are close enough and I can see support for NG. at about 590 (could be imagination or wishful thinking) Even the FTSE, IMO, is not quite in a bear phase for me, although it has to start rising now! You'll need to watch NRK, too, it came off a low of about 960 and has risen 40-50 points- well worth having. I mentioned in post 985, page 99 of my opinion that support would be around there. Wish I had been watching, but I wasn't. :cry:

Regards

Split

Split and Jon,

NG obviously made a new high and started rising after a three day drop. I would have bought it as well but with a bit of reservation as the market in general is not strong.

But I agree that it's better for the price to travel up to our entry point rather than down to it.

Good trading,

Hung

hungvir said:
I think people who schedule matches at that odd time when the Sun is still very much out there should be imprisoned as well.

When I was a kid football was a winter game- cricket in the summer, along with lemonade and ice cream.

Split

Splitlink said:

Regards

Split

split

just joshing :LOL: - anyway i remember on the khi thread, marben and me often made a turn on the same share in different directions ;)

i was mainly recording my poor attempts at intraday fine tuning.

that said, i'll still be looking short nrk unless it takes out 1057 convincingly - then i'll think long. don't mind leaving the first thirty or so points to you :)

good trading

jon

hungvir said:
Split and Jon,

NG obviously made a new high and started rising after a three day drop. I would have bought it as well but with a bit of reservation as the market in general is not strong.

But I agree that it's better for the price to travel up to our entry point rather than down to it.

Good trading,

Hung

hung

valid point - i stand corrected :eek:

good trading

jon

hungvir said:
Hi Jon,

Let time be our referee :) We'll see where NG will be this time next week :)

best,

Hung

Don't make a big thing out of this. All I've done is taken a long shot on NG, which has moved into a few points profit on Friday's close. If it moves back on Monday I'll be out. If not I'll run with it. This time next week is far away.

Split

Splitlink said:
Yes, trading New York is a very unsociable occupation for the UK , which is why I only do London shares. Besides, most days I am by myself in the mornings.

Even though I select my stocks beforehand they, usually, have to get into position before I enter. That means watching them until entry and I use 30 or 60 min. charts for that. Perhaps I should use orders for this. Do you ? My problem is that the pattern can change and make the share not so attractive and, If you have a limit order on, you may not see that happening

Regards

Split

Only last week when i'm trading badly :eek:

When i trade only at the eod i have a clear idea of where i think the markets going, what my stop is and what my target is, when i start analysing during trading hours the above 3 change too often and i end up getting trigger happy, thus the need to disciplne myself not to log on till the close. :cheesy:

Elefteros said:
Only last week when i'm trading badly :eek:

When i trade only at the eod i have a clear idea of where i think the markets going, what my stop is and what my target is, when i start analysing during trading hours the above 3 change too often and i end up getting trigger happy, thus the need to disciplne myself not to log on till the close. :cheesy:

I see! I did not realise that. You open your trade at the end of the day. I thought you decided after the close and opened the next day. Or do you open prior to the open, around midday in the UK? Wow! With an instrument like the Dow I don't think that I could do that, although I could with Footsie shares. Only I am not at home then so I select my share and try for the best price the next morning.

Good trading.

Split

hungvir said:
Split and Jon,

Good trading,

Hung

:LOL: Yes, Hung, I read your posts on trading the Dow with interest. I know how reserved you can be!

Have a nice Sunday and try to get some rest.

Regards Split

Splitlink said:
Are you Dow guys watching this thread? You may be interested in the chart on post 108. .

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=259239#post259239

Split

Thanks, Split. I did not follow the thread and would not have known about the article had you not alerted.

With regards to trading the DOW, I went from trigger happy to trigger shy :)

And I just looked at NG.'s chart, the share in fact had only two down days with the last day being an inside one so my method would not have sent out a buy signal (sorry to Jon for misreading it :)). I know you have your own way of getting in and out but the chart seems to say 'trail your stop often mate' :)

By the way NG. ranked 30 in ADVFN's price x volume top list on Friday. Not sure how relavant this is.

Good trading,

H

Attachments

• 01 ng.jpg
    01 ng.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 125
Well Friday was certainly an interesting day. A lot of volatility around, grate I suppose if you're an experienced scalper.

The charting system I use threw up something very interesting. Just putting the charts together and will post them when done.

Last edited:
Look at this one, Split. Is a drop overdue ?:) The rise has been phenomenal given the recent market conditions.

Attachments

• 02 bsy bskyb.jpg
    02 bsy bskyb.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 129
Splitlink said:
No, I admit that EOD is not for Dow index traders but is suitable for swing or position trading Footsie shares and, possibly, some other instrument that I don't know about.

Split

Agreed Split. I've tried eod on the Dow and got burnt big time. The Dax can we quite good for a longer term though.

Eleffteros, I can sympathise with what you're going through. I find when I'm not trading the urge to see what's happening on the markets very hard to resist.

For me personally, turning my attention to day trading and then switching off once I'm done easier to control physcologically. One things for sure though, it's very hard going keeping the temptation under control.

Slapshot said:
Well Friday was certainly an interesting day. A lot of volatility around, grate I suppose if you're an experienced scalper.

The charting system I use threw up something very interesting. Just putting the charts together and will post them when done.

Cheers, Slaps! I look forward to seeing it.