Diary of a swing spread better

Slapshot said:
Gotta be quick due to work commitments. Have a look through the US Indicies board and the Weekly Dow posts by Chartman. loads and loads of useful stuff in there.

Dax is still floating around the 100ema and nothing of interest to note. Stop set 20 points above the 100ema.

Good luck everyone today

Cheers, mate, I'll have a look. Good luck with your DAX trade!

Will a drop of 913 points in 20 trading days be enough for the bears?! I wonder how much the rise of the DOW yesterday was due to short covering.

I am waiting to see how the next pullback looks like. If a new high is made, I'll go long when there's a three day dip.

Attachments

• dow 1.jpg
    dow 1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 131
On the hourly chart, a breach of 11080 is still required for the momentum to revert to the upside while a pierce down 10885 in the next hour will be the chance to go short.

The pullback is much clearer on the 30 min chart and on the 15 min one, a dip from the recent rise is overdue. A breach of 10914 and 10932 on the 30 and 15 min charts respectively are clear signs of renewed weakness.

Attachments

• dow 2 hourly.jpg
    dow 2 hourly.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 115
  • dow 3 30 min.jpg
    dow 3 30 min.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 121
  • dow 4 15 min.jpg
    dow 4 15 min.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 123
On the five minute chart, the momentum has changed from down to up at 17:50 yesterday when a higher high of 10845 was made and the DOW is now around 40 points above the 100 EMA. Any dip now is a chance to jump on the train heading to the RISE station. The aread around 11080 should be watched for potential resistance.

Attachments

• dow 5 5 min.jpg
    dow 5 5 min.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 121
Well, the one min chart looks a bit messy. Just a bit.

A lower high of 10960 was made at 20:45 (just 4 points lower than the high made at 20:39). The price then dropped to around 10935 but it looks like it will rise again after this mini correction.

Attachments

• dow 6 1 min.jpg
    dow 6 1 min.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 118
If I trade today, I'll favour going long. The reason being there're more signs supporting a rise than a fall at the moment. Of course there'll be money to be made from the short side as well but when the market is going up, there're many more waves to the upside while any correction tend to have around three waves. With Marc Rivalland's method, a correction in an uptrend is about to be over when it's spotted.

Yesterday I put a stop on BARC at 600.5 and went to work, thinking the share would either stay above or, more probable in yesterday's market, especially as New York wasn't open yet , it would crash down through there and that was as much risk as I wanted.

This happens all the time but it's still hard to believe. In the afternoon the price touched that and, guess what? That was the low for the afternoon and BARC is still going up.

Hope you guys are having fun with the Dow

Regards

Split

Attachments

• BARC.JPG
    BARC.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 123
hey there, hung - you're thread seems to have been transformed into the dow thread :cheesy:

is that all you're concentrating on now?

good trading

jon

ps: watch the head and shoulders neckline around 11025 if the rise continues

Yawnfest this morning on the Dax. Unfortunately due to work I've got to go out, closed my position at break even.

The system I use still needs some tweaking for the Dax.

Doubt I'll be trading this afternoon, if you are good luck. Enjoy the footie if you're watching it, if not enjoy the sunshine if you've got some :cool:

Splitlink said:
Yesterday I put a stop on BARC at 600.5 and went to work, thinking the share would either stay above or, more probable in yesterday's market, especially as New York wasn't open yet , it would crash down through there and that was as much risk as I wanted.

This happens all the time but it's still hard to believe. In the afternoon the price touched that and, guess what? That was the low for the afternoon and BARC is still going up.

Regards

Split

I assume many shares found its significant low yesterday and most bounced back from there. I just closed my REX short for just three point profit.

With regard to your BARC stop yesterday, you followed your rule and that was it. It could well not have stopped there and went the same number of points down.

Cheers,

Hung

:LOL:
barjon said:
hey there, hung - you're thread seems to have been transformed into the dow thread :cheesy:

good trading

jon

:LOL: I think that's all they have time for and it's worrying them all to death!

Split

Splitlink said:

Regards

Split

split

i'm having real trouble sorting out what you're up to now :confused: guess you must be using intraday rather than eod patterns.

i was short barc (from eod perspective) and covered yesterday

good trading

jon

barjon said:

good trading

jon

Thanks, Jon! Could you post a chart of the H&S please! I still can't see one :)

Yes, I've been quite facinated by the DOW and when I day trade it the risk measured in points is still OK. And the live feed is free :D

cheers,

Hung

Splitlink said:
:LOL:

:LOL: I think that's all they have time for and it's worrying them all to death!

Split

It does worry me a bit during the day but not at night :cheesy: I only day trade it when stop loss is not in excess of 20-30 points.

And to be honest, I am getting a bit lazy and that's why I concentrate mostly on the DOW.

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
Thanks, Jon! Could you post a chart of the H&S please! I still can't see one :)

Yes, I've been quite facinated by the DOW and when I day trade it the risk measured in points is still OK. And the live feed is free :D

cheers,

Hung

just off to golf - here it is

Attachments

• hs.JPG
    hs.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 115
I see it now. Many thanks again. You made me feel bearish now :)

Have a good one!

Hung

barjon said:
split

i'm having real trouble sorting out what you're up to now :confused: guess you must be using intraday rather than eod patterns.

i was short barc (from eod perspective) and covered yesterday

good trading

jon

I thought that BARC might be a good bouncer on the EOD chart. Can't you see a sort of double bottom there? Anyway, I used the intraday chart to spot the bottom and, if I had put my stop lower I would have been vindicated today. As the market was awful yesterday I thought that if 600 was broken the share would go into a big slide so I didn't feel happy putting the stop lower than that.

If I had known that you was short, after NRK, I wouldn't have bothered :)

Split

Am watching both the market and the World Cup on broadband at the moment. And the market looks like it's going down from here for a while.

Attachments

• dow 7 bearish.jpg
    dow 7 bearish.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 150
A clear change in trend is in the chart. Will see if there'll be good opp. to go long.

Attachments

• dow 8 change in trend.jpg
    dow 8 change in trend.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 117