Diary of a swing spread better

Splitlink said:
Yes, it looks as if you are right on both counts. Take care this afternoon with the Dow. I'm off trading until Monday. Tomorrow, I have a 5 year old grandson's birhday. Expensive and exhausting- just like the markets. He knows what he wants and has rung up and told us. :eek:

Split

Hi Split,

Enjoy the party and Happy Birthday to your grandson!. I hope he did not ring to tell you to buy 500 shares of HBOS :)

PRU is actually down 8 points today while the FTSE climbed above 6100. The price action is telling me to get out but I let my stop take care of that.

No trading the DOW today as I only just turned on the one-eyed monster now :)

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
Jupiter UK Growth fund has achieved a gain of more than 120% over the last three years. The Guardian on March 11 quoted trustnet.co.uk as detailing that their largest holdings include

Xstrata
Charter
Royal & Sun All
Icap
Corus
Reed Elsevier
Barclays
BG Group

Will screen them to add to my long list if they're not in already.

I completely forgot about this list.

At least Xstrata and BG Group repeatedly gave some good buy signals since March.

Attachments

• xta.jpg
    xta.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 117
  • bg group.jpg
    bg group.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 144
And with the addition of two new members my 'long list' looks like this.

Attachments

• long.jpg
    long.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 182
Was stopped out of PRU again. Don't even bother to look at the chart.

Man is presenting an opportunity based on my modification of just two down days. It was actully three based on closing prices.

Orders are in. If they are not filled tomorrow, I'll get a better bargain before the weekend, I believe.

Did not look at the market yesterday. Had a terrible cold and could not even sit up properly in the taxi on the way home after the night shift. Money can't buy good health for sure.

Attachments

• man group.jpg
    man group.jpg
    269.8 KB · Views: 170
  • man chart.jpg
    man chart.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 113
This morning I decided to buy AVZ at 570 and hastily sold at 606.4, after a cup of tea and a read!

Wish trading was like that every day!

That was Fins, by the way.

Split :cool:

Edited my buy price- sorry! I got it mixed up with another trade.

Last edited:
I am back from hell. Thanks, Split!

Will go and do some research now!

Later,

Hung

Can't help but looking at PRU's chart again. It looks like I should move it to my 'short' list now. Will wait to see how the price will break out of the triangle.

Attachments

• pru.jpg
    pru.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 128
My order to buy EMG was filled. It went up 26 points on the day but I am still down four points due to the spread and my stop buy order.

Will have to move my stop loss to 2566 as it openned a bit lower than yesterday's low.

Attachments

• emg.jpg
    emg.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 143
Splitlink said:
This morning I decided to buy AVZ at 570 and hastily sold at 606.4, after a cup of tea and a read!

Wish trading was like that every day!

That was Fins, by the way.

Split :cool:

Edited my buy price- sorry! I got it mixed up with another trade.

Good one, Split!

I've been trying to guess which school of trading you went to but I think I have to give up :)

Good trading,

H

Huge motorway pileup

Hi hung & split
please can i come back to your nice easy going thread and swing trade the dow here please as the "other thread" has just cooked itself and is no longer a nice place at all :(

Thank you

Don

:cry:

don_h said:
Hi hung & split
please can i come back to your nice easy going thread and swing trade the dow here please as the "other thread" has just cooked itself and is no longer a nice place at all :(

Thank you

Don

Of course you can and welcome. This is Hung's thread, really, but he needs someone to keep him on the straight and narrow. You will have gathered that I am not a Dow fan but Hung is. I am saved from following your fates because of the trading hours.

Split

don_h said:
Hi hung & split

Thank you

Don

Hi Don,

You're welcome to post here whenever it suits you. The more people post here, the merier I would think.

You made me curious and look at the 'Dow which way thread again' and it was indeed a bit messy.

And I am glad that this thread has never been hijacked and hope it will never be :)

By the way, have you made up your mind about your system yet?! I think it's very important to stick to one and only system thru thick and thin for a period of time.

Good trading,

Hung

Everything is going down this morning. There's alway a risk that a long trade is open at the top of the market. But who can say for sure if the market market is simply pausing and breathing before running up the hill again or it's at the summit and looking to run down.

Attachments

• down day.jpg
    down day.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 130
Hi Don,

Regarding trading the DOW, I almost stop day trading it. I am thinking of swing trading it, holding for days/weeks but I am not sure if my tiny capital is suitable for it. Chances are you would risk about 100 point a trade and if you apply the 2-5 per cent rule of capital at risk per trade, you would need quite a bit of money.

Best,

Hung

Splitlink said:
Of course you can and welcome. This is Hung's thread, really, but he needs someone to keep him on the straight and narrow. You will have gathered that I am not a Dow fan but Hung is. I am saved from following your fates because of the trading hours.

Split

hungvir said:
Hi Don,

You're welcome to post here whenever it suits you. The more people post here, the merier I would think.

You made me curious and look at the 'Dow which way thread again' and it was indeed a bit messy.

And I am glad that this thread has never been hijacked and hope it will never be

By the way, have you made up your mind about your system yet?! I think it's very important to stick to one and only system thru thick and thin for a period of time.

Good trading,

Hung

Thank you Hung and Split

Well Split I doubt I can keep the gung ho Dow daytrading hungvir in check :LOL:
I realised that this thread was mainly focusing on uk stocks using real cash which is why I left for the other one as it seemed more suitable for my situation and more on topic for my posts

ok hung you warned me didn't you, fair cop guv :LOL: I will post further on my wayward adventures later tonight when I will have more time all is not as it appears ;)

later all

Don

;)

I am a reporter, Don ;) Spotting fishy and monkey biz is part of my job :)

I am not sure about you but I find it very hard keeping my boss, my family happy and keeping an eye on the market at the same time. Not to mention hundreds of other things I want to do in life.

Best,

Hung

Before I went to work this afternoon I bought to open DGE for 909.9, as I thought that the FT would bottom out today. It closed at 914 and I am hoping for a profit tomorrow.

Split