Diary of a swing spread better

And I hope none of the bookies take our money :)

The method I am following require a lot of patience. And I think once or twice I did not have enough :(

My initial aim of coming back to the market was to get rich as quick as possible. Then I changed it to get rich slow. Now it's simply capital preservation.

Best,

Hung

Splitlink said:
Are you both dealing with Fins? If so, are you using the tick charts on their new platform? I've just discovered them because I did not think much of the tick charts on their old platform. This is a welcome change, though.

Split

I am not even aware that it exists. Will check it out.

Cheers,

Hung

Splitlink said:
Is Monday a Bank Holiday in the UK? Here, it is Labour Day.

Split

It is indeed. I wonder how big the demo would be.

It's also International Labour Day in Vietnam and as they combined it with Victory (over the US) Day, April 30, they have a really long weekend.

Have a good rest, Split.

I still have to work tomorrow but will have four days off from Monday including leave.

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
It is indeed. I wonder how big the demo would be.

It's also International Labour Day in Vietnam and as they combined it with Victory (over the US) Day, April 30, they have a really long weekend.

Have a good rest, Split.

I still have to work tomorrow but will have four days off from Monday including leave.

Best,

Hung

Thanks, you, to from Monday

I was beginning to think it was just Spain, the UK has kept quiet about it.. Here, it's a long weekend, sunny, half million cars on the road, and probably 70 road deaths. They are really mad, here, behind the wheel.

Split

It's time to log a complaint or two.

MKS has been making me money and I have no complaint about it. But when I bought it on April 03, I also put in a limit order to sell it at 597.75 knowing that 600 can be a tough ceiling for a while. The share went there and my order was not filled by CMC. And I bought MKS June so the future price should have been higher than 600 when the share price was there.

Will place in a stop order to sell MKS at 578 when CMC's platform is working at again. It's lifeless at the moment.

Attachments

• mks.jpg
    mks.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 597mks.jpg
    597mks.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 94
And a bad fill for my EMG long by Fins. I put in limit buy order at 2606 and was filled at 2652. What a bargain!

I have post #684 to back my complaint.

Attachments

• fins.jpg
    fins.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 108
Still think EMG is a buy. I think the Iran issue will only help the market to get rid of some non-committants to charge ahead.

Attachments

• man chart.jpg
    man chart.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 139
  • man again.jpg
    man again.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 142
hungvir said:
And a bad fill for my EMG long by Fins. I put in limit buy order at 2606 and was filled at 2652. What a bargain!

I have post #684 to back my complaint.

Will take this back.

I already posted that I thought 'market price' quoted was the share price but it was actually EMG December price. So when I meant to buy EMG at around 2606, the December one was way above that. Will have to bite the bullet.

hungvir said:
Will take this back.

I already posted that I thought 'market price' quoted was the share price but it was actually EMG December price. So when I meant to buy EMG at around 2606, the December one was way above that. Will have to bite the bullet.

You frightened me off Fins for awhile, Hung! Why don't you put EMG on your Watch List and then you won't make that mistake. It is easily done, I know.

While it's a bank holiday I have shorted SP as I don't consider myself an expert on the Dow.
At present I am 1.29 points to the good and have moved my stop into profit!!!!! :devilish: Be able to retire soon :cheesy:

Split

But you would never be able to retire from trading I guess :) By the way, the Beeb just increased pension age to 65 from 60 so I'll have to work five years longer :(

Hope the rest of the SP trade went well for you.

Best,

Hung

I thought there would have been no trading on this isle on May Day but MKS June still made me some points. Stop sell is now at 579.

Attachments

• mks.jpg
    mks.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 106
Looking at today's DOW chart, 'my' swing trading method would have produced 20 points in less than 20 minutes. Short position should have been opened when the price started to fall again after rising for four bars. EMV was satisfying as it was still in a down trend.

The distance from there to the bottom was more than 30 points but I would take just 20. How much is net profit depends on the spread.

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 126
And based on the same method, the price will open higher tomorrow. I know it's a bit foolish to predict where the market will go but just can't resist :)

you are now sounding like a certain banned person hung :LOL:

is this a new strategy in the incubator for day trading the Dow cloaked as swing ;)

the markets were caught on the hop a bit today over their view on interest rates and Fed comments so I am looking for a domino affect and a sell off with a higher open so the drop has more momentum over the next few days if not then I will probably dump the short and wait for the next signal

good trading guys & gals

Don

:)

don_h said:
you are now sounding like a certain banned person hung :LOL:

is this a new strategy in the incubator for day trading the Dow cloaked as swing ;)

the markets were caught on the hop a bit today over their view on interest rates and Fed comments so I am looking for a domino affect and a sell off with a higher open so the drop has more momentum over the next few days if not then I will probably dump the short and wait for the next signal

good trading guys & gals

Don

:)

I am so anxious to see BAT back here in a month's time to see if he continue his astrological way :)

I really like the DOW when it drops like a stone. The reason being the next struggle to get up will almost certainly fail and thus offers a very good shorting chance.

Later,

Hung

Splitlink said:
I gained just over 7 points, in all, with the SP dropping in last hour.

Split

Did you bet a million a point ?:) Then it would be enough for you to retire I suppose :)