Day Trade the FTSE

End of week

- 22 points , most 15.44 on Dow (Dec) swing trade of last weeks high :eek: :devilish: should have left it alone it was a second re-test of High, so think it was trying to tell me something :!:

That one will come back, and is in different book so to speak, so not to bad , :|

Late crash on Ftse/Dow would be nice going into weekend

Last edited:
End of week

- 22 points , most 15.44 on Dow (Dec) swing trade of last weeks high :eek: :devilish: should have left it alone it was a second re-test of High, so think it was trying to tell me something :!:

That one will come back, and is in different book so to speak, so not to bad , :|

Late crash on Ftse/Dow would be nice going into weekend

15.44 on Dow? not spread bet?

I've had a good week apart from this mornings moronic trades in which I lost 36 points . ouch .. still 80 points up on the week.

yeah I would like to see some major plunging from the DOW later ..

yesterday I nearly messed up a trade when I set a limit sell just below the price .. it did crash through .. that was good, but then it bounced a bit . and my limit sell had still not been executed .. thankfully it plunged a bit more .. but I only made 3 point .. not sure this method is good .. designed to catch spikes .. but ..

drop on the cards?

daily 10 period MA has turned over on the FTSE, Russell and eurostox, but dow, S&P and Naz still in anup trend, so its tricky to say where the ftse will go. Nazdaq has been leasing the pack recently, but all are at high fib extensions, and some pullback seems pretty likely to me. Of course catching it at the right moment isanother matter.:cheesy:

15.44 on Dow? not spread bet?

I've had a good week apart from this mornings moronic trades in which I lost 36 points . ouch .. still 80 points up on the week.

yeah I would like to see some major plunging from the DOW later ..

yesterday I nearly messed up a trade when I set a limit sell just below the price .. it did crash through .. that was good, but then it bounced a bit . and my limit sell had still not been executed .. thankfully it plunged a bit more .. but I only made 3 point .. not sure this method is good .. designed to catch spikes .. but ..

just the way I do me sums all pts are calculated at full position, but I enter market a 1/3 at a time, unless I like it a lot:D

so like the second winner today I only had 1/3 size on so + 7 was full size pts gain , (actually 21 pts on 1/3) if that makes any sense.

Before I had to go to tip (Mrs yapping) I had 2/3 on short, 2nd add a little quick and did not give trade any breathing room so took it off table at +1 full position pts, but me thought it was away, :arrowd: :D amyway was a freebee at good level,

Last edited:
daily 10 period MA has turned over on the FTSE, Russell and eurostox, but dow, S&P and Naz still in anup trend, so its tricky to say where the ftse will go. Nazdaq has been leasing the pack recently, but all are at high fib extensions, and some pullback seems pretty likely to me. Of course catching it at the right moment isanother matter.:cheesy:

Ye tricky, but I for one will leave bounce alone if we get one off yesterdays low

still think we might break lower for the weekend :arrowd: which would be nice because mondays are high prob :arrowd: days to :?:

managed to claw back some points so only 9 points down on the day .. er .. result!:LOL:

Well done, catch any of the bounce ?

Notice a big Dojo on week charts for ftse/ narrow range week mmmm"mm :arrowd: :arrowu:

what do you think up up and away or down for re-test of something :?: :rolleyes: :confused:

Well done, catch any of the bounce ?

Notice a big Dojo on week charts for ftse/ narrow range week mmmm"mm :arrowd: :arrowu:

what do you think up up and away or down for re-test of something :?: :rolleyes: :confused:

I haven't studied my trades for Friday yet but looking at my score sheet it seems I went on a scalping frenzy:lol
closed a long at 14:45 for +9
closed a long at 14:50 for -4
closed a short at 14:59 for zero
closed a short at 15:01 for +5
closed a short at 15:16 for +6
closed a short at 15:47 for +5

What's Dojo? is that the same as a Doji? what does it predict?

I read this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/09/27/bcngold127.xml

this make me bearish
... Actually that was Friday's news which may have contributed to Friday morning's slide I thought it was Lehman's but turns out it was Goldman

The Dow chart makes me bullish for the FTSE :confused: . it seems to want go to new highs ..

I read somewhere that some big US companies will be reporting next week .. this will likely cause some spikyness in global indices (I will even more twitchy trading from 1PM uk time than usual)

I am certain about one thing . there will be uncertainty :LOL:

I haven't studied my trades for Friday yet but looking at my score sheet it seems I went on a scalping frenzy:lol
closed a long at 14:45 for +9
closed a long at 14:50 for -4
closed a short at 14:59 for zero
closed a short at 15:01 for +5
closed a short at 15:16 for +6
closed a short at 15:47 for +5

What's Dojo? is that the same as a Doji? what does it predict?

I read this: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/09/27/bcngold127.xml

this make me bearish
... Actually that was Friday's news which may have contributed to Friday morning's slide I thought it was Lehman's but turns out it was Goldman

The Dow chart makes me bullish for the FTSE :confused: . it seems to want go to new highs ..

I read somewhere that some big US companies will be reporting next week .. this will likely cause some spikyness in global indices (I will even more twitchy trading from 1PM uk time than usual)

I am certain about one thing . there will be uncertainty :LOL:

What's Dojo? is that the same as a Doji? what does it predict? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You got me , I can"t spell, well at least I can close me word doc I always keep open, y lot can put up with me poor spelling and missing words and back to front words etc.

Predict ? not sure mate just Know they are used to predict things :confused:

last time I saw one in the week charts it was in the middle of the Dows record breaking run at 14000, Think I am right in saying no other index broke out and confirmed breakout (will stand corrected)

well the rest is history so to speak :arrowd: for over 1000 pts

Think it just means potential change :?: we need a candle reader to enlighten us further. Thats not me just plain old bars for me mate.

Scalper , Id say you were on to much coffee there mate, :eek:
thats what I would call active trading , makes me head spin just readin those trades, what you need is a filter :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: no not in the coffee but it might help. ill pm you with a few ideas :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: NOT

Last edited:
Good start to the week, fade at top hr range 1/3 on - 3.26pts :(

Stong move on our way to last weeks high for a look I think

Dont post Shorta I no you"ll make me sick and its to early in the week:eek:
Trading from the B of bang, straight out of gate running :?: I suppose

Good start to the week, fade at top hr range 1/3 on - 3.26pts :(

Stong move on our way to last weeks high for a look I think

Dont post Shorta I no you"ll make me sick and its to early in the week:eek:
Trading from the B of bang, straight out of gate running :?: I suppose

yep you guessed it .. the UBS news caused me to short - took a hit .. I think I'll take the rest of the week off:rolleyes:

that strong push up this morning caught me by surprise, but there is still a strong chance for the short play today I think, Dax is rolling over and failiure tomake new highs looks ominous