Day Trade the FTSE

closed out @ + 10 full on 1/3 size

re-enter 1/3 @ 52

Exit 1/3 @ 72 (1st reaction after hour high gone - 7 pts full

oh dear Spoilt the early good work. :eek: :(
Scratch :| for morning , thought Id better get out of way while Mr Dow Jones chap spits into life

Last edited:
not saying anyone should pay too much attention .. after all the UBS news this morning had no effect
but:
01/10/2007 @ 12:41
"NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. stock futures fluctuated Monday, giving back earlier
gains after Citigroup Inc. forecast a steep decline in third-quarter profit."

I wonder if that was released at 12pm uk time the resulting in the sharp drop then ..

watching

not saying anyone should pay too much attention .. after all the UBS news this morning had no effect
but:
01/10/2007 @ 12:41
"NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. stock futures fluctuated Monday, giving back earlier
gains after Citigroup Inc. forecast a steep decline in third-quarter profit."

I wonder if that was released at 12pm uk time the resulting in the sharp drop then ..

watching

you can see messed up a bit myself this morning (greed) thought we had a little down move going for a bit , but not :(

You still watching, doing any better :D :( :(

you can see messed up a bit myself this morning (greed) thought we had a little down move going for a bit , but not :(

You still watching, doing any better :D :( :(

only keeping half an eye on it at the moment .. I will rejoin the battle tomorrow I think

only keeping half an eye on it at the moment .. I will rejoin the battle tomorrow I think

I can see you, still got your light on , any good or no :?:

I just emptied me car of fuel taking me lad to sax lessons ,
missed the fun at this end :( looks like they let their rockets off early over there :p

Last edited:
I can see you, still got your light on , any good or no :?:

I just emptied me car of fuel taking me lad to sax lessons ,
missed the fun at this end :( looks like they let their rockets off early over there :p

one of those days where I just could not get with the program .. there was only one thing gonna stop the dow this evening .. and that would be a long from me :rolleyes: :LOL: . didn't trade it at all .. the week is young though ;)

one of those days where I just could not get with the program .. there was only one thing gonna stop the dow this evening .. and that would be a long from me :rolleyes: :LOL: . didn't trade it at all .. the week is young though ;)

Good luck tommorrow, in work all day so catch you wednesday,

it was strange day, just checked traded ok to me plan, :confused: yet looks like I should have done better :confused: :confused: re-enter when I checked was happy with but the next 3 15 min bars teased me a bit arrrr:devilish:

Cant moan ist short (1/3 size) was wrong before news was just about to jump ship and weeee :D :D :D

I think that 1 st hour threw me then 15 mins bars after the drop looked like a big cont flag then it broke up leavin me wrong, but got out of the way well enough :|

Didnt like to turn round long late in the day, and wasnt that much left on ftse anyway :(

Notice they are marking up ftse R1 when I looked with IG

R2 tommorow is 6575 so eyes on your Stocks around there if they gap that far mmmmmmmmmm, could be very nice, dont now what news is out but a little wobble in the Dow futures would be nice if they are up there and stretched,

Last edited:
FTSE above resistance at 6510

So with DOW at new highs - whither the FTSE?
Seems like a test of FTSE highs is on the cards..see attached charts..
buy the dips - scale out of longs if nearing the highs..wait n see for reaction at highs..
(that's my strategy for near term - unless subsequent price action dictates otherwise:rolleyes: )

Attachments

• FTSE 100 daily EOD.png
    FTSE 100 daily EOD.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 163
  • FTSE weekly.png
    FTSE weekly.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 151
So with DOW at new highs - whither the FTSE?
Seems like a test of FTSE highs is on the cards..see attached charts..
buy the dips - scale out of longs if nearing the highs..wait n see for reaction at highs..
(that's my strategy for near term - unless subsequent price action dictates otherwise:rolleyes: )

seems like a good plan:cheesy:
looks like there might be a dip right there