Day Trade the FTSE

well played Split! .. what's that? +100 points?

I wish! The S&P doesn't give those kind of profits over 24 hours. I was hoping for more than the 10 points I got, though. I use S&P for trying things out. It is fairly low risk, I think.

gone a bit choppy / Should have taken full +14 instead of +6 -6 bit greedy me thinks,
but them hr lows went and range for a wee bit

Later :devilish:

you were on that short opportunity then .. I have been short twice and long twice taking as few as 1 point in a trade ..
oh damn .. I just cut my long but for +10 .. yippee .. and doh!

I wish! The S&P doesn't give those kind of profits over 24 hours. I was hoping for more than the 10 points I got, though. I use S&P for trying things out. It is fairly low risk, I think.

ah .. is that the actual future then? .. I have not traded it, but I think capitalspreads has each tenth as a point .. maybe I need to trade it to find out :eek:

Thanks mate, hows sunny spain today :?:

need :cool: or not

its pretty :cool: in NQ

Newquay, Cornwall? I'm in the North East of Scotland just in case anyone gave a damn :LOL: :LOL:
I never figured out where you are Split .. not Spain you said .. google didn't help in this case :eek: more clues required .. which continent?

Newquay, Cornwall? I'm in the North East of Scotland just in case anyone gave a damn :LOL: :LOL:
I never figured out where you are Split .. not Spain you said .. google didn't help in this case :eek: more clues required .. which continent?

Did I say not in Spain? Yes, I'm in Spain.

ye down here in NQ cornwall, sunny and blue skys :cool: :cool:

if the the ftse would break from opening range, preferably south it would be perfeccct :!:

double top and reversal at 6500 .. who knew .. round numbers are important :idea: :idea: . I have seen it a few times but never gave it a thought today :rolleyes: apart from closing my last long .. now flat

take it the news was good :?:

not sure .. bad news is the new good news :cheesy:
bad news means lower interest rates .. I am not sure how long they can keep rising on bad news though. .. there is a whole month to the next fed meeting (I think)

I missed this move as I hit my daily target earlier -- this is an example of good news being bad news :confused:

my stochs are on fire today .. (stochs not socks) see attached

check the slow stoch . red line goes down through 75 sell
redline goes up through 25 buy .. of course I did not really follow this strategy today :rolleyes:

Attachments

• stochs on fire.JPG
    stochs on fire.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 122
not sure .. bad news is the new good news :cheesy:
bad news means lower interest rates .. I am not sure how long they can keep rising on bad news though. .. there is a whole month to the next fed meeting (I think)

I missed this move as I hit my daily target earlier -- this is an example of good news being bad news :confused:

Haven't you heard?
In the good ole US of A, there is NO bad market news any more --(acc to CNBC - the station to watch :LOL: )

BAD economic figs = interest rate cuts = stock market up
GOOD economic news = strong economy = stock market up

beginning to feel like early 2000 again!

Haven't you heard?
In the good ole US of A, there is NO bad market news any more --(acc to CNBC - the station to watch :LOL: )

BAD economic figs = interest rate cuts = stock market up
GOOD economic news = strong economy = stock market up

beginning to feel like early 2000 again!

Agree, That last 14000 high was ramped, every low in last 1hr mmmmm thought they were going to Moon :LOL: