Daily Dax

Hi Nick, excuse my ignorance, I have put stochastic at your setting in to look how it worked today, I cannot see were just after 9.00 you entered, the 1st opportunity I have on my screen is short at 9.52. Am I missing something here??

3 min chart 9.03 am both stoch lines under 75 and falling. Didn't worry to much about MA's they're slower than a sleeping, one legged tortoise.... :LOL:

Oh Yes, :cheesy: and the one just after 9.00am this morning. :cheesy: If you read my thread on a Simple Trading Strategy for the Ibex, you'll see the Stoch setting I use (39 2 8) and how well it works on the Dax as well. Give it a try, it works on its own without any other indicators, although I use a 8 Ema & 18 Sma for confirmation........

Interesting stuff !

Brutusdog, even moving forward 1 hour, i can't see it:eek:. Am I going mad?????

no, guess it just depends on what you use to enter a trade? no puppies there for me but the ma cross nk uses was there around that time i think...;)

whats your entry exit criteria?

nk, out of interest what stops are you using on dax and ibex m8?

all the best..

3 min chart 9.03 am both stoch lines under 75 and falling. Didn't worry to much about MA's they're slower than a sleeping, one legged tortoise.... :LOL:

Have you tried DEMAs? They do the bizzo for me on the 1 and 5 min charts.

Have you tried DEMAs? They do the bizzo for me on the 1 and 5 min charts.

what settings have you got those on ziff? never really played around with those always stuck to the standard ones so far:idea:

dr...did you get a glimps of some puppies on that 9am m8, i didnt in any time frame? nice trade though:D

Sure did, glimpsed at 08.36 & 08.44 on a 2 min chart. Very small - more Kate Moss than Katie Price I feel......:LOL: :LOL:

nk, out of interest what stops are you using on dax and ibex m8?

No stops initially BD, but once in a trade, I go for my standard 20 pips target and once that's reached I try for more but always get out if it goes back to the +20. If it fails to reach the initial target I'll bail out at -10 for a small loss. Been quite lucky with the puppies, so relaxed trading all round !!

Nick thanks,

Brutus, I use DEMA (8), MA (10) together with stochastic (14,3,3). Entry is crossover of DEMA/MA at same time stoch is running parellel below/above 25/75 accordingly. Works fine for me.:)

Trends line 20, 34, 50.

I got short last night on same area,although Sept Future @ 8158.....hoping to squeeze at least down to 8050 on cash today,with target around 7830 cash eventually....

cheers

Care to update your target steve ? :cheesy:

Must admit - was not expecting that ...............

Care to update your target steve ? :cheesy:

Must admit - was not expecting that ...............

8010 next target....may need to wait for US now as this could now hang around here....a move back above 8058 and it could go either way.....:rolleyes: