Currency Trading Dec 18th-22nd

ChowClown said:
...that's it.

this is the thing i really dont like about that setup. i think it is brilliant for some things, but i guess it really needs to be filtered with longer time frames and TA, otherwise, it just signals a trade in the opposite direction of a move.

good luck on this one

j

by the way, i decided to papertrade the WW above, went long 9596....now regret it. :LOL:

edit: on the other hand, you may be already in on the pullback aspect of a 123 for the short on the 4 hr chart....triggered yesterday

Jacinto...good point. I'm using the smaller TF pattern more as a reference setup for vebo, but when a set up like this latest 5min short stands out (to my mind at least), i'll hop on board. Stop near b/e now.

ChowClown said:
Jacinto...good point. I'm using the smaller TF pattern more as a reference setup for vebo, but when a set up like this latest 5min short stands out (to my mind at least), i'll hop on board. Stop near b/e now.

well, you made the call, nice one... supposed exit at 20, but will it go further.

guess the larger setup may end up dominating.....123 for short 4hr chart. then again, holidays :rolleyes:

thanks on the comment above. it has a counter argument ......analysis paralysis.......which you avoided nicely.

hope it gets to target. I am thinking of a long now, which i will pass......too many beers, although that pitchfork looks interesting

j

if anyone is interested in pitchforks and price action on trendlines, have a look at this one. the price action section is quite good

j

edit: wont charge 750 bucks like that dude on the wolfe wave thread :LOL:

...a before the news shot...15min, will it or won't it...

Attachments

• WW221206 cable 15min.GIF
    WW221206 cable 15min.GIF
    26.7 KB · Views: 174
News out of the way, watching now to see if pattern will hold down to 620ish. At which point i'll be long.

I guess that's it for today. I'm off to Arizona (if I can get to the UK, fog permitting) for a bit of a rest until the New Year and so I wish you guys all the best

Offshore Trader said:
I guess that's it for today. I'm off to Arizona (if I can get to the UK, fog permitting) for a bit of a rest until the New Year and so I wish you guys all the best

you too OT. hope its sunny over there.

Hey chaps, I've been lurking for a while now and trying to trade without seeing what you guys are saying to confuse my strat. It worked and I have made 63 pips from cable today just watching price action!

Anyway all the best and hope to talk in the New Year. Don't drink too much and overindulge in too many mince pies ! ;)

Offshore Trader said:
Nice one OT. Until New Year.

Safe journey.

Priceman said:
Hey chaps, I've been lurking for a while now and trying to trade without seeing what you guys are saying to confuse my strat. It worked and I have made 63 pips from cable today just watching price action!

Anyway all the best and hope to talk in the New Year. Don't drink too much and overindulge in too many mince pies ! ;)
...best way, PM. Sorry if the posts have been putting you off your strat.

All the best. I'm short vebo now from 624.

Priceman said:

Well done - trading can be like learning to ride a bike - eventually your "parents" let go of the handlebars, the stabilisers come off ,and away you go under your own steam and chosen direction.
Merry Christmas all. :D

I'm guessing spot eurusd has been choppier than what is typical - post 1330 news release due to a lack of market participation on the Friday afternoon b4 christmas?

If so, on this basis, I'm apprehensive about trading wed-fri next week,

Although my last trade today was at 11:20.........