Currency Trading Dec 18th-22nd

Morning all,
Bit of a bijou whippette for VEBO Variant going short yesterday and then back to long again this morning though it did manage to take 120+ pips out the previous day. Personally I feel that this market may actually need to go lower again before it can resume the upward trend but I'm just going to keep following the system. I may take a swing trade to the short side if I see a suitable opportunity.

Happy hunting!

If I can butt in jacinto, I can only see it going down from here but these holiday markets do tend to get stuck through lack of momentum. Having said that once they start moving there isn't much to stop it either. I would be surprised if we got above 1.9700 unless the US figures are very weak

Offshore Trader said:
If I can butt in jacinto, I can only see it going down from here but these holiday markets do tend to get stuck through lack of momentum. Having said that once they start moving there isn't much to stop it either. I would be surprised if we got above 1.9700 unless the US figures are very weak

OT, you are more than welcome to butt in any time you wish :LOL:

the setup, if valid, confirms your view. I am still not convinced of downside as long as there is no close on 4hr charts below 9640. on the otherhand, i am not convinced of upside as long as there is no sustained 4hr close above 9730.

In otherwords....range, although I still have a long bias.

j

Hi J, i'd prefer the 4hr to shape up like this....i've added a count (as i see it) to your chart.BTW have you seen the weekly? Right in the sweet spot for shorts, but of course the zone is 100s of pips wide! Bodes well for the dollar next year perhaps....just about to leave home (after a few hrs recovery from Christmas bash) to head into the office....see y'all later.

Attachments

• WW211206 cable 240 jacinto.GIF
    WW211206 cable 240 jacinto.GIF
    5.1 KB · Views: 161
ChowClown said:
Hi J, i'd prefer the 4hr to shape up like this....i've added a count (as i see it) to your chart.BTW have you seen the weekly? Right in the sweet spot for shorts, but of course the zone is 100s of pips wide! Bodes well for the dollar next year perhaps....just about to leave home (after a few hrs recovery from Christmas bash) to head into the office....see y'all later.

mmm, you could be right.

the weekly looks nice. catch u later

j

indicator settings

i use macd, rsi and stochastics
any suggestions which settings work best
ideally for swing trades and mostly for 4h charts, and use the 30 min to execute the trade

ChowClown said:
ah ha, don't have the fang radar on atm, which TF is that on J?

5, will post when BE....if at all

very sloppy chart. stop at 21. small trade, like all willy waves

jacinto said:
5, will post when BE....if at all
OK, spotted it, sweet spot expansion quite steep so wider stops required p'raps. Will take 50% of vebo short off on reversal pattern (5min).

Thanks for the heads up J, owe you one!

a_gnome said:
Morning all,
...I may take a swing trade to the short side if I see a suitable opportunity.

Went short at 67 on a swing trade, took half off at +37, stop to b/e on the rest.

Unfortunately I managed to c*ck up my VEBO Variant short trade (after another long trade whipping) which means that I only have a quarter position on. I'm trying to get the rest on somewhere near the original entry price if I can.

I'm going to have automate the whole thing to avoid such fiasco's in the future.

ChowClown said:
OK, spotted it, sweet spot expansion quite steep so wider stops required p'raps. Will take 50% of vebo short off on reversal pattern (5min).

Thanks for the heads up J, owe you one!

heads up on what, chow. i agree, sweet spot quite wide.

i am breaking my own rules by trading WW, cause i shouldnt call tops or bottoms. but well, there you go.

not too convinced, hence the tight stop.

break of 15 min spinning top, triggers long