bugger.

Wasn't expecting that.

maybe...

Attachments

• maybe.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 185
dc2000 said:
bugger what?

I was short, it jumped so I went long. it then dropped!

Only a small loss but still.... wait for a long with a better price instead.

wasp:
you chart shows cable high at arounf 8970.
my MT-4 chart shows high so far no higher than 8945.
how come ?

ah I see

have jumped off my long at 25 as the price dropped lower pre news for now a quick calc gives 853 but still I'm going to stay on sidelines till later today

trendie said:
wasp:
how come ?

Hi Trendie,

That high at 70 was at yesterdays high but todays high is circa 945.

trendie said:
wasp:
how come ?

The high was around 1.8975 after yesterday's move up around 3 BST

dc2000 said:
ah I see

have jumped off my long at 25 as the price dropped lower pre news for now a quick calc gives 853 but still I'm going to stay on sidelines till later today

Well as per plan I shall wait for my next MA cross which I imagine will be around US opening time... Still favor the long from here... no lower than 885 or I'm completely confused!

wasp said:
Hi Trendie,

That high at 70 was at yesterdays high but todays high is circa 945.

whoops!
was so focussed on just today, missed the bigger picture re: charts.

smbtnt said:
Potential falling wedge on the 4hr, lot of patience required to trade these in my experience.

The wedge successfully broke upwards giving some clean pips yesterday, now testing the original downtrend exactly shown on wasp's analysis chart above.
Added to my long @ 8903.

Good trading to all.

Well I guess we are stuck until 1.30 now. Long at 01 but worried about action below 90 so have quite a tight stop. We will probably therefore see a quick dip down to about 75 before roaring higher!!

smbtnt said:
The wedge successfully broke upwards giving some clean pips yesterday, now testing the original downtrend exactly shown on wasp's analysis chart above.
Added to my long @ 8903.

Good trading to all.

Can you and if so, how, do you decifer a target when working from these patterns?

My ability to move the markets in the opposite direction bu taking a position remains undimmed. EUR/GBP looks the key to me 6770 in particular

a signal would be good

Burning bush
semaphore
smoke rings
fireworks
breakout
breakdown