Currency trading (Aug 14th > 18th)

IF I am looking at what i think DC is looking at I'd say 1.9140 region?

Mind you, saying that, I also know he doesn't look at charts really so probably way off!

Last edited:
calc comes out at 1.9156 but yes price should stall at 9140 initially

Morning all, I was very tempted to long at 874 but decided to sit on hands for further confirmation. Im currently short on USD/JPY and EUR/JPY with some large positions, so not sure if I'll be really concentrating on Cable as much today.

wasp & cooltrader,

re: the "new" white T2W layout.

scroll down to bottom of page, and select "improved readability style" from the quick style chooser.

ref elliott wave ,
is it possible to calculate the length of the next wave ,
from the last few waves
I realise that elliott wave is difficult to judge

zuke said:
Morning all, I was very tempted to long at 874 but decided to sit on hands for further confirmation. Im currently short on USD/JPY and EUR/JPY with some large positions, so not sure if I'll be really concentrating on Cable as much today.

I fear for your positions Zuke. I too am short USD/JPY and long Cable but am going through a phase where I seem to be able to move the markets in the wrong direction, just by taking a position. :( If you are lucky I'll get stopped out before you and the inevitable huge bounce......not that I'm getting downhearted...

martin brown said:
wasp & cooltrader,

re: the "new" white T2W layout.

scroll down to bottom of page, and select "improved readability style" from the quick style chooser.

Thanks

Offshore Trader said:
I fear for your positions Zuke. I too am short USD/JPY and long Cable but am going through a phase where I seem to be able to move the markets in the wrong direction, just by taking a position. :( If you are lucky I'll get stopped out before you and the inevitable huge bounce......not that I'm getting downhearted...

OT, not sure where you entered your trade, but I am in at 116.58. Im pretty confident we'll get a run down to at least 115.55. It's still banging it's head against the 62% Fib line (around 116.60)on the daily from the November 121.22 high. Keep the faith!

This is fun.......

6 hours of waiting for a long that just looks like its not going to appear.... patience, is a hard virtue to come by.... ho hum...

zuke said:
And out at 922. Got my 60 pips for the day. Now on the sidelines, waiting for my next set up.

good one. Was away from my desk and missed the entry so got only a few points out.
Still in the usdjpy short?