Currency trading (Aug 14th > 18th)

wasp said:
Messy day but favour we will end the day higher, up above 925... but then again I'm probably completely wrong, but thats why I use indicators!

Now that's optimism mate, why do you think that then ? Do you mean 8925 or 9250 ? That would be a hell of a ride if you meant the latter... :eek:

Priceman said:
Now that's optimism mate, why do you think that then ? Do you mean 8925 or 9250 ? That would be a hell of a ride if you meant the latter... :eek:

no only 8925... as for why, more intuition and gut feel than anything which is why I won't put money on it, yet! Its trying to go lower but it just can't, and that channel we are running in says long to me, also the weekly channel has broken and pulled back to without piercing lower too much...

Now the airport malarky is over I think we are in a better position than the US and everything just says long to me......

watch it plummet :cheesy:

Potential falling wedge on the 4hr, lot of patience required to trade these in my experience.

9250 would be nice but IMO best left for next week

for the now also looking at the long just based on price for nowas long as we dont break 840 then 9177 is still in play

Place ya bets fellas... take out the 8842 and go down or back up past 8950 ?

I'm not even going to call it ! Just get in and out when it moves !!

wasp said:
Messy day but favour we will end the day higher, up above 925... but then again I'm probably completely wrong, but thats why I use indicators!

:cheesy: Still keeping my indicators/stabilizers on though mind!

time for a brew, back in an hour time for it to get down to my entry at 921

For those who are interested, I am continuing my IB vs. OandA fills comparison on the news breakout. Today IB came out on top:

stop entry: 1.8890

IB fill 1.8898 slippage 8 pips
OandA fille 1.8915 slippage 25 pips

Caveat: all this is paper trading.

I'd be interested to see how this pans out a_gnome...

Still in 3, no 4 minds about who to move too and things like slippage are going to be important.

looks like my entry comes just before the close ( which I wont take till morning) but does make me wonder for the overnight sesh

Nah just being call me a cynic

still looking for the long too in the morning... hopefully the Asian session will be quiet and a good price for an all day long will present itself nicely about 7ish...

looking for circa 9040 I reckon...

my view on the asian sesh goes from 8941 to 8881 back to 8947 for 7am this would confirm a target entry

which I will probably have to wait for as we fake an up n down move first :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am struggling to work out how the minutes can be negative for sterling cos we know they voted in favour of a hike. If it was nil against then that would be very bullish but even if a close vote would surely be neutral at worst?