Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

god.....that last signal was good...look at yen go !!!

N

Attachments

• pot shots.jpg
    pot shots.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 122
god.....that last signal was good...look at yen go !!!

N
Hi N, quite a move that, and interesting to see Sterling bounce back much more strongly than any other currency. The Corrie (on my current 5m trial setting of 150) suggested this would be the case, if it did turn out to be spike.
The more I use it, the more I trust it(y)

Hi N, quite a move that, and interesting to see Sterling bounce back much more strongly than any other currency. The Corrie (on my current 5m trial setting of 150) suggested this would be the case, if it did turn out to be spike.
It's also suggesting sterling's the best bet against the dollar this afternoon, now the pair's broken that sideways movement... but can it get back to 5130? :|

Hi all

had a nice buy eurozone signal around 3.30pm.....

if the markets breach the red horizontals it should carry on through.....

N

Attachments

• signal.jpg
    signal.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 110

Hi mate

The corrie is a very reactive and trustworthy tool re watching market activity....

its idiots like me trying to apply trading systems to it that are proving the problem :p

N

interesting - Mataf are now producing this....

http://www.mataf.net/en/forex-charts/c-index

the problem is that this report always starts at a fixed/set point Zero whereas our dear corrie is a continuous stream showing historical movement....better than a poke in the eye though to people who hav'nt found our thread !

N

Attachments

• mataf.jpg
    mataf.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 130
  • corrie vs mataf.jpg
    corrie vs mataf.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 134
Hi mate

The corrie is a very reactive and trustworthy tool re watching market activity....

its idiots like me trying to apply trading systems to it that are proving the problem :p

N
Nah, it's just that old chasm between thoery and practice isn't it - everyone's an expert with hindsight. Ever notice how wise footy pundits are after the game, and how wrong they are with their pre-match analysis?
Looks like 15090 is about all we're going to get with Cable today.

interesting - Mataf are now producing this....

http://www.mataf.net/en/forex-charts/c-index

the problem is that this report always starts at a fixed/set point Zero whereas our dear corrie is a continuous stream showing historical movement....better than a poke in the eye though to people who hav'nt found our thread !

N
Similar to that indy on ForexFactory that Simon referenced up the other day, but on that it looks like you can set your starting point for comparison.
Mataf should make it clearer how crucial the start point is to this sort of comparison - not much use without being able to specify it... still, sells advertising I suppose!

mornin all......

mixed bag overnight .........wouldnt want to call directions yet.....

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 125
GBP show this morning........so hang onto your hats

N

Attachments

• calender.jpg
    calender.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 121
Morning all,
Just caught the CAD rise using the Corrie - would like to have sold the £ against it but don't have that pair on my feed so had to settle for the €

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 139
Nice GMP.......(y)

Kiwi and CAD best of the G6 in last 90 minutes.........buying into Yen and USD was best for me....20 pips on U/Cad was there since 8am if you follow the comm dolls......(CAD/GBP re spread costs ?...ouch)

remember all its a tribal game with 3 tribes playing

Tribe 1 is TAG (Usd and Jpy).....watch their direction (also taking leads from the US Stocks and Gold)......once you get confirmed sigmals of a bias look at the tribes and who is available to trade in opposite direction to TAG bias ......with TAG generally down in last hour or so only Kiwi and CAD have been dominent with others also rans.....

as everything cycles this will change at some point and you look for next confirmed biases / trades....

so watch the 2 non-tag tribes for clues as although they both have loose cannons in their teams (GBP and CAD) generally they do move together.......run a 20ma delta 1 correlator and watch the 3 tribes correlations !

even on a 1minute 1000/1 setting in picture below look at domination of the commdoll tribe with the 3 eurozone currencies below the zero

N

Attachments

• CAD trade.jpg
    CAD trade.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 96
my signals saying buy tag sell G6......Eurozone is weakest.....give yourself a little jiggle room on the S/L........

N

you s/be all be at b/e or better now....up to you how to play S/L's blah blah.....

N

Hi all

bit of a retrace......but looks to me like next sell for eurozone into tag hitting now....

painfill selling into the 00's but s/be a nice handfull of pips up to that anyway

frustrating..........the gold/USD correlation is so sweet its untrue.....but USD wont move up anymore at the moment ..........could do with DJ30 fallign ....that would start it all happening !

N

like pulling teeth isnt it......somedays the markets fly around .....other times its a dead sea scroll

I would like to see some more directional bias from the G6 tribes but my indicators saying stick with Eurozone as sell into the TAG at present

00s on G/U and E/U are making it a little sticky I suspect.............