Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok i'm pretty locked into targets now ..........leaving a little on table

theres 25 pips from usd alone on the bounce from level 1 using aggressive trades.........plenty more adding the jpy , European moves south in those usd pairs....

I didn't attack at that level 1 point (I tend to need a little more proof of reversal) but have still managed to rack up the pips buying usd in pairs ......and that's after having made pips selling usd earlier

a great mornings trading so far ..............back later

N

Attachments

• usd turns.JPG
    usd turns.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 158
well the usd still coming north ..............the usd index shows the turn points .........

1 through to 3 .............over about 30 mins .........dependent on your level of risk and need for confirmation.............

now - if you always take 1's you will always get hit more on chops..... but the runs can add easily 10 pips + on any run that develops vs later entries

2 is less chop but less pips on the run out

level 3 is uber safe scalping ..but youve lost possibly up to 15-even 20 pips at times on intial 1 entry levels ..........

so if you are only losing say 2-3 pips max each time you take a punt on level 1 signals .........you can still beat level 2 entry levels as long as you do better than 33% vs level 2 entries .....and you can be at failure rates of 20% vs level 3 entries potentially ............

food for thought..............and if F can get you to 70% success rates on pretty much all level 1 early entries then that's a very decent system !

N

Attachments

• usd turns.JPG
    usd turns.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 151
:LOL:
199268d1441699203-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-balls.png

I have always had a soft spot for mm:love:
Ive a new theory.
MM nvp etc see value in some of fs theories and take out what they can.they also realise that he is living out some ego fantasy with these hindsight calls and allow him to unleash that dark side:eek:
star-trek-william-shatner.jpg

oh no .......they've found us out !

naturally its all a conspiracy by the 3 of us........I was undercover for 10 years here before F arrived to lay the foundations of our master plan

beam them up scotty ........:p

N

Attachments

• scotty2.JPG
    scotty2.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 138
ok i'm pretty locked into targets now ..........leaving a little on table

theres 25 pips from usd alone on the bounce from level 1 using aggressive trades.........plenty more adding the jpy , European moves south in those usd pairs....

I didn't attack at that level 1 point (I tend to need a little more proof of reversal) but have still managed to rack up the pips buying usd in pairs ......and that's after having made pips selling usd earlier

a great mornings trading so far ..............back later

N

hey all

back for a while ........had to make a few calls and some chores ........

heres the USD index...........I see the usd sold off shortly after my last posts and then a retest of interim highs for some great resells again now

on F's Time windows those marked signals would have been

BST

#1 = 9.09 signal
#2 = 11.01 am signal

go to F's fast LR's on the usd pairs for the triggers :smart:

N

Attachments

• mornings action.JPG
    mornings action.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 195
I must say another weekend of receiving e-mails and some new contacts for me ......never been so popular it seems :cool:

this alternative thread is doing wonders for my threads popularity (1.2m views soon) and Forexmosperians work as well

jees guys ............where do we send the cheques ?............better than any affiliate deals :smart:

must admit I do spend time keeping an eye on the screentime we have demanded from them re talking about our threads ;)

comedy gold as well ........original , witty ........or are we looking at the same thread ?

N

Attachments

• comedy gold.JPG
    comedy gold.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 245
  • sponsorship.JPG
    sponsorship.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
hey all

back for a while ........had to make a few calls and some chores ........

heres the USD index...........I see the usd sold off shortly after my last posts and then a retest of interim highs for some great resells again now

on F's Time windows those marked signals would have been

BST

#1 = 9.09 signal
#2 = 11.01 am signal

go to F's fast LR's on the usd pairs for the triggers :smart:

N

heres the gu and ucad reactions to that 10am gmt (11am BST) usd selloff :smart:

see how the cad was already bull so bulldozed north immediately off the usd selloff ?

see how GBP WAS bearish for a while - then came north

that's how the G8 are moving all the time ...the secret is to time the divergent moves and ride them to the end

N

Attachments

• ucad sells.JPG
    ucad sells.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 196
  • gu buys.JPG
    gu buys.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 214
today has seen usd back in business .............

50 pip range from Asian opens and 40 pip range available since London session..........

combine those great usd pip moves with the pips of obliging currencies (that were moving in the opposite direction to the usd ) and you really should be making plenty of pips scalping

2 sessions for me stood out ;-

#1 from 6.20 on chart (7.20 BST)........nice run up from usd .even if you waited for confirmation of the usd bounce theres still a solid 20 pips of usd bull move to play with ........go to the Europeans first to hunt sells .........then I would go to Cad for options and finally the U/J if nothing shaking ..............U/J and Aussies are my last resort if traded at all in truth.......something s usually shaking from my fantasic 4 ...........CAD , EURO , GBP , CHF

#2 was a classic resell of USD of the London sessions high ........around 10.05 GMT (11.05 BST).........note that was possible to enter early - as you can see the resistance line to sell off .....................around 40 pips of usd sells over next 5 hours .....that's the one that could have delivered you mega pips by letting pairs run and run and run........but there were some big retraces in that move so I suspect any extended pip runs were hampered ........I wouldn't have given back such uber pips on a trailer ....I would have taken what I could and then jumped back in

that's how its done ...........for me with my focus on the usd ......if it brings out the decent ranges in a session - I need to be shot if I cant make some money...:smart:

N

Attachments

• today on usd.JPG
    today on usd.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 121
just wanted to show 2 of my fav pairs and how the day produced the big moves

Ucad .............totally ignored from me early London session as they were both bullish...........see how I would have got stuck in on the usd selloff ?............
why ?
because cad kept going bull..............2 decent trades from the bull Cad and the bear usd then (y)

EU was the opposite .........Euro was a classic selloff as usd went bull in early London......(y).....then they both stayed bear as usd sold off...........(n)

that's why we try to encourage trading a few varied pairs for scalping ..........you have to get on the fastest moving trains to make money .....and certainly look for correlation changes as you will rarely see one currency pair staying decent all the time .........they change a lot so be prepared to shop around for scalps ! :smart:

N

Attachments

• ucad 2 trades.JPG
    ucad 2 trades.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 299
  • 1 trade eu.JPG
    1 trade eu.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 296
another stunning excerpt from our sponsored alter egos thread..........(y)

jees that was money well spent by a few of us ......;)

absolutely right.......believe nothing ...........trust just yourself .....its your money

alongside many other threads on T2win - Forexmospherian and myself are just sharing a few ideas and approaches for people to look at

please...experiment,research and keep learning ...until you find your edge .........as we have

good hunting and good luck

N

Attachments

• keep calm.JPG
    keep calm.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 183
morning all

heres where I am today on usd index ..........some simple S/R lines to steer me london session

pretty bear this week now .............so I will be hunting more resells until proved wrong

the Asian has set up nicely with a retrace north already ................absolute perfect conditions to start reselling usd

we will see ...game on
N

Attachments

• usd.JPG
    usd.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 128
morning all

heres where I am today on usd index ..........some simple S/R lines to steer me on london session

pretty bear this week now .............so I will be hunting more resells until proved wrong

the Asian has set up nicely with a retrace north already ................absolute perfect conditions to start reselling usd

we will see ...game on !

N

about 20 mins in and I can show you below how the currency indexes are doing

GMT on charts

selloffs from days high on green usd have only really been capitalised on by buying brown CAD in the main usd pairs I trade ........the europeans are all selling mainly as well (n)

the second chart shows the other currencies ......i like the yellow yen selling off ...that supports the usd sells (y)..............but look at the aussie twins ..........THEY are the ones being bought :whistling

hopefully those moves wont be as prevalent as London warms up

until then Ucad is my lead sell on this usd selloff into main weekly trend :smart:

cmon Europeans ...........RISE !!! :p

N

Attachments

• indexes.JPG
    indexes.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 127
  • others.JPG
    others.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 208
  • ucad.JPG
    ucad.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 139
6.44 and usd bull coming again ...............I will stay usd bear for the moment ......let see if the days high holds as Resistance

N

now my Europeans are coming north ...........head down back later

usd pushing bull now...........ucad the best bounce in my crew so far......

Attachments

• ucad.JPG
    ucad.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 135
if we can get the jpy to start rising alongside usd I know the Europeans will tank south

usd pushing bull now...........ucad the best bounce in my crew so far......

usd still bull.................just working the bounces :smart:

N

Attachments

• usd bul bounces.JPG
    usd bul bounces.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 249
Ucad buys my fav recently ..Europeans far too bull mostly for me coming off a bull usd perspective......................if you were tradin both ways the Europeans offered excellent buys more recently as usd bounced inevitably south at times ...although only 6-7 pips max on that usd range so tightish for scalps

scalpers can do it both ways !

N

Attachments

• scalps.JPG
    scalps.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 141
  • ucad buys.JPG
    ucad buys.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
can you also see how tight the europeans are correlation wise this morning ?

this is great for me as a pattern........as long as the usd is moving in opposite direction !

N

Attachments

• euro team.JPG
    euro team.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 126
scalp school for me at the moment ..........I am happy to keep buying into usd bounces until I see significant extended selling.............

you can see the usd slooooowly turning bear overall...........in fact theres plenty of good volatility at the moment to trade usd both ways so i'm happy

that's perfect conditions for scalpers on usd pairs

N

Attachments

• scap school.JPG
    scap school.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 141
I must say another weekend of receiving e-mails and some new contacts for me ......never been so popular it seems :cool:

this alternative thread is doing wonders for my threads popularity (1.2m views soon) and Forexmosperians work as well

N

FF is a different kettle of fish to T2win and ive never really bothered much there to be active ..been live since 2010 with a thread and only 60,000 or so views but still picked up a lot of contacts and some great programmers that have helped me over the years (y)

and if people truly think people like Forexmospherian can be arrogant on T2win you should follow some of the guys there :LOL:

FF is useful at times and I have a lot of respect for some of the strengthmeter guys there although they seem to ignore anyone trying to help out with comments and opinions to improve their approaches..........some of the systems have some glaring errors in programming and correlation patterns ..but up to them...I gave up trying to help years ago ......unlike T2win these guys can block everyone on any type of thread to prevent criticism and insults ;)

I was just commenting here there that 1.2m reflects a decent figure for T2win threads that have stood the test of time ..........so alongside the endless snipes at F , MM and myself .....let me know when anyone contributing to this thread below stands the test of time at T2win and gets a million on a thread offering advice,support and multiple free indicators ;)

N

Attachments

• ok.JPG
    ok.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: